Lords of the Fallen - Sequel in 2026

Glad to hear it. I played through lords of the fallen 3 times, so I'll be looking forward to this. I'd like to see them encourage players to stay in umbral rather than discourage it, use better Ai for difficulty rather than relying on mobs, rework the bonfire system by adding more or allowing you to have up to 3 of your own and improve enemy variety.

I thought exploration, combat, character builds and weapons were excellent. Overall a fun but occasionally frustrating experience.

He's referring to how Umbral becomes more difficult the longer you stay in it. Also, if you die in Umbral, you're dead. If you die in the normal world, you get sent to Umbral.

He's referring to how Umbral becomes more difficult the longer you stay in it. Also, if you die in Umbral, you're dead. If you die in the normal world, you get sent to Umbral.
I do too. I thought it was exactly what they thought people would like. I'm not sure how many people like it that way, though.

Haven't they made Umbral a scary and unforgiving place to thrill the players who want more difficulty?
I don’t mind the added difficulty, I liked it actually. The problem is after 6 minutes in umbral a red reaper shows up, you are no longer allowed to heal and if your not a high level character it will kill you pretty much instantly. The umbral is used to solve puzzles and is where you get the best loot so not being able to take time and explore it without jumping in and out is annoying.

Lords of the Fallen was my game of the year last year. I am one of the people who agree on the design decision of making umbral a drangerous place to linger - I think this is part of the excitment and strategy to solve puzzles and find secrets quickly and get out. In fact umbral is more dangerous in that if you shine the lamp for too long in the real realm, some of the ghosts and monstors from umbral can attack you and drag you into the umbral world - pretty clever.

Lords of the Fallen was my game of the year last year. I am one of the people who agree on the design decision of making umbral a drangerous place to linger - I think this is part of the excitment and strategy to solve puzzles and find secrets quickly and get out. In fact umbral is more dangerous in that if you shine the lamp for too long in the real realm, some of the ghosts and monstors from umbral can attack you and drag you into the umbral world - pretty clever.
It’s nice to see someone else here liked the game as well. I also liked the decision to make the umbral a more dangerous place. My problem is with the red reaper. Sure, the first few times you encounter him it’s sheer panic, but once you figure out what’s going on it becomes entering and exiting the umbral every 5 1/2 minutes until you log enough time to fully explore the area. Then at higher levels you can just kill the reaper so it doesn’t really add much imo. To me that’s tedious and annoying. It didn’t really kill my enjoyment of the game obviously, as I said I did complete it 3 times , but I hope it’s something they look at improving in the sequel.

I agree about getting pulled in to the umbral. The first time it happened I was like WTH. Cool little surprise.

It’s nice to see someone else here liked the game as well. I also liked the decision to make the umbral a more dangerous place. My problem is with the red reaper. Sure, the first few times you encounter him it’s sheer panic, but once you figure out what’s going on it becomes entering and exiting the umbral every 5 1/2 minutes until you log enough time to fully explore the area. Then at higher levels you can just kill the reaper so it doesn’t really add much imo. To me that’s tedious and annoying. It didn’t really kill my enjoyment of the game obviously, as I said I did complete it 3 times , but I hope it’s something they look at improving in the sequel.

I agree about getting pulled in to the umbral. The first time it happened I was like WTH. Cool little surprise.
Glad that you enjoyed it as well (3 playthroughs!). I will definitely play it again and experiment with other builds.

It seems to me that there have been several interations of LORDS OF THE FALLEN? I seem to remember an RPG with the same name in the 90's or 00's?

Edit: Oh I see from the previous post by JDR they renamed the previous game "Lords of the Fallen 2014". Genius.

Original post: Wait, I thought they were gonna name the reboot/remake/resomething "THE Lords of the Fallen" but I guess they named both games the same?

It seems to me that there have been several interations of LORDS OF THE FALLEN? I seem to remember an RPG with the same name in the 90's or 00's?
Yeah, I'm not sure. :)

The one I was thinking of was actually One Must Fall.

No, you shouldn't play it. Unless you're on a 386!

Back
Top Bottom