Avowed - New Details @ Mortismal Gaming

Nothing really new, it looks like his own interpretation of the Deep Dive video.

I wonder if Obsidian would let journalists see a preview in the near future. Hopefully yes.

Not watching it as I don't like the guy, can't stand his voice, and I'm not falling for the obvious bait, but if anyone would present new info about a highly anticipated game like Avowed, it definitely wouldn't be a niche YouTuber that doesn't even have a preference for first-person RPGs, or even a good taste in RPGs altogether.

Nothing really new, it looks like his own interpretation of the Deep Dive video.
Istnt that common thing (bait, cheat) done by Youtubers? They often produce "blah blah with no real substance" or repeat the same old things.. maybe with a little bit of info or very obvious things.. but its usually not worth the time to watch it?

Graphics-wise this sometimes looks really nice and sometimes it looks like a childern cartoon. Comboat seems to be dumbed-down, but might be too early to tell. I will have to await some real/longer footage of how this plays.

This is every Mortismal Gaming comment nowadays.:mwahaha:
Really? Is he unpopular here? I personally didnt want to say that he is bad. I just said its pretty common bad habit of tubers to market every speculation or shallow stuff as some "new info". Mortismal is not the worst in this regard.

I suppose they all do it to keep their fans up to date with the news. The problem is, we never know if there's something actually new or not. Sometimes they add something like 'exclusive' or 'hands-on' when it's more than repeating something already revealed by the devs.

I suppose they all do it to keep their fans up to date with the news. The problem is, we never know if there's something actually new or not. Sometimes they add something like 'exclusive' or 'hands-on' when it's more than repeating something already revealed by the devs.
They do it to get people to click on their video. Let's be real.

To be fair it could be “new” as in first time he is covering it.( I don’t know if it actually is) It’s definitely for the clicks but they have no choice really. With the way the you tube algorithms work you have to get clicks, likes and comments. If not your video doesn’t get suggested and is just buried in a sea of crap.

Well, there's no real added value in his video since it's just a regurgitation of the Deep Dive content (but with his usual confusing structure).

What I meant is that several Youtubers do those 'news' topics to secure the loyalty of their fans, who might have missed it on the official channels - I wasn't being sarcastic. Maybe some are using shocking titles, but those I see in general have the usual, mildly clickbait title like this one.

Yeah, Mortismal may not be the worst offender... I've barely watched his videos, so I don't really know... and it does make sense that in one way Youtubers try to set themselves up as the source of news for particular games. But they also often milk the heck out of that role, releasing videos that don't add anything that wasn't previously known (from their own, previous videos), and spinning 1 minute of info into a 10 minute video. All dressed up with those clickbait titles promising amazing revelations.

Back
Top Bottom