SW:TOR - Looking back

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
SWTOR Strategies looks back at Star Wars: The Old Republic:

Decade of SWTOR: Celebrating the Epic Journey of Star Wars: The Old Republic

Step into a universe where the echoes of epic space battles mingle with the whispers of ancient Jedi and Sith lore. This is the world of Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR), a realm that has captivated gamers for a decade with its rich storytelling and dynamic gameplay. As we celebrate the ten-year anniversary of this iconic game, let's embark on a journey through time and space, exploring the evolution, impact, and enduring legacy of SWTOR.

In this article, we'll navigate through several key aspects:

• The Launch into a New Era: Reflecting on SWTOR's grand debut and its initial impact on the gaming community.
  • Expansive Galaxies: How major updates and expansions have continually reshaped SWTOR's universe, keeping it fresh and engaging.
  • The Heart of the Galaxy: The role of the passionate SWTOR community in shaping the game's journey and its unique culture.
  • Adaptation and Survival: Examining how SWTOR has kept pace with the rapidly changing landscape of online gaming through innovation and adaptation.
  • Peering into the Future: Speculating on what lies ahead for SWTOR, including potential new stories, technological advancements, and evolving gameplay.
  • A Legacy Beyond Gaming: Understanding SWTOR's place in the larger Star Wars narrative and its impact on pop culture.
As we delve into these topics, we will uncover not just the story of a game, but the saga of a community, the evolution of an online world, and the enduring magic of the Star Wars universe in Star Wars: The Old Republic.

[...]
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

It also had an impact on some design philosophies.

I think it was SWTOR wherein it was the first time that the place of importance was signalled like a Beam From Above, I mean, a beam of light that seemed to come from out of the heavens far, far away ...

I found that light beam in a few other games since then, in DDO and in Genshin Impact as well, in both cases indicating poits of importance (chests in DDO, NPCs or/and quest locations in Genshin).

Please correct me if I'm wrong with thinking that SWTOR was the first game that had it.

Back
Top Bottom