Avowed - Opinion @ Mortismal Gaming

One plus to the game - I really like that skeleton they use. Why the skeleton looks like that is more interesting to me than all the hype they've tried to build up so far.

One plus to the game - I really like that skeleton they use. Why the skeleton looks like that is more interesting to me than all the hype they've tried to build up so far.
I think that's just some art they threw in there. I haven't seen it in any of the gameplay footage.

Ugh I wish some of these journalists(?) would just write an article. It's quite tiring to look at the same gameplay footage over and over again to hear the 4-5 points he makes over a 15 minute video.
I also really like the key artwork of that skeleton, that and the teaser trailer are the best parts of Avowed so far :D

It's quite tiring to look at the same gameplay footage over and over again to hear the 4-5 points he makes over a 15 minute video.
But wait - ISN'T THAT HIS ENTIRE BRAND?!?

Also, articles don't make money. Videos - and more specifically clicks - are the only thing that make money.

Too bad he doesn't do 'Shorts' on YouTube, which would allow the same content posted to Instagram (Reels) andTikTok (the one the others copied) ... because then he could make content that is a length appropriate to how much he actually says and get it to an even broader audience.

I think that's just some art they threw in there. I haven't seen it in any of the gameplay footage.
Supposedly that skeleton is the box art. Have seen discussion of it on other forums with some people arguing it will be the best looking game box ever. Not sure if I agree with that, but it's probably up there.

Avowed_key_art.jpeg

I'm not seeing what's so great about that art work but it seems like most of people will appreciate the box art more than the game itself lol

I'm not seeing what's so great about that art work but it seems like most of people will appreciate the box art more than the game itself lol
It's intriguing! The game has shown bears and such with some sort of fungus growing on them, and there's some on the skeleton, too. But there's also that green crystal on the shoulder which looks like those big green stones from the start of PoE 1
Starting.jpg
There's other plant stuff going on, too. What has happened to that skeleton!? Is that going to happen to us?

Hmm, they are supposed to be about a year from release yet have not yet shown a working UI or character creation? That does not bode well IMO. Remember that little game called Sword Coast Legends? For at least a year their lead guy kept saying "We are not ready to show that", when people asked how the skill trees and character customization looked and worked. They released the game and turned out they made something that was nothing like the D&D ruleset and the game tanked. Either there is a big issue and they are not a year away or they are hiding something...hmm.

But there's also that green crystal on the shoulder which looks like those big green stones from the start of PoE 1
"Big Green Stones".....Have you even played either of the games? It is was central to both games.

That is Adra which grows throughout the world of Eora. Adra can store/transport/manipulate souls. The was central to the concept of the Hollowing - the main theme of the first game. Deadfire introduced luminous adra, which is actually living adra and basically a vastly more concentrated form.

The Fungus is new to Avowed and could be central to the story of the new game. I believe it was mentioned in one of the videos someone posted awhile ago, although I can't remember if that was speculation or from the actual developers. It's not in either of the Guidebooks that I have from Pillars 1/2.

"Big Green Stones".....Have you even played either of the games? It is was central to both games.
Yes, actually, which is why I keyed in on it.

Yes, actually, which is why I keyed in on it.
Good to hear.

I am not convinced the green on his shoulder is an Adra Crystal though. If you look below it there is a grey mass which has the exact same texture. There are so many colours going on in that picture that it could be a concindence. I wouldn't rule it out though - I'd say it is 50:50. It would make sense that the soul controlling that skeleton could be within that Adra if that is what it is though - and I guess the grey part could be dead/fully depleted Adra?

Back
Top Bottom