Hogwarts Legacy - Additional Content

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
PC Gamer reports that Hogwarts Legacy will get additional content: For the Playstation first, later this summer for all other platforms:

Hogwarts Legacy's PlayStation-exclusive content is coming to other platforms this summer along with 'additional updates and features'

Hogwarts Legacy fans have high hopes for a New Game+ mode, Quidditch, and maybe even a full expansion.

People like Hogwarts Legacy an awful lot--it was the biggest game of 2023 - but one thing they didn't like (and by "they" I mean associate editor Ted Litchfield) was the inclusion of PlayStation-exclusive content. "How will we live without an exclusive quest and a Felix Felicis Potion Recipe?" he asked, in what I am certain was sincere and deeply-felt anguish. But Ted, and no doubt lots of other people, will be happy to know that content is coming to other platforms later this year.

[...]
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

Avada banana! Death by banana....please. I must say I never felt any compunction *not* to use the killing curse. "You die! And You die! And you ...." I am curious to see what they add - potion/quest sounds a bit lame, if that's it. Did they every improve performance? Hogsmeade (and the castle in part's) was pretty stuttery on my RTX3070

Did they every improve performance? Hogsmeade (and the castle in part's) was pretty stuttery on my RTX3070
I'm only about 10 hours in and enjoying the game; there's some really good stuff in here. It isn't revolutionary but most of the design is solid. I'm not even a Harry Potter fan, but still enjoying the vibe of the world but... performance, ouch, still an issue.

I'm on a 3070 too and other good specs on my PC (NVMe SSD ,etc) and the stuttering in Hogsmeade and Hogwarts is quite annoying. There has to be some weird issue related to something because some people (even people with 4090s) are having this problem, and some not.

I can run the game fine at high/ultra in the countryside, but if I drop everything down to even the lowest settings it makes zero difference in Hogwarts and Hogsmeade... always stutters, regardless of settings.

I'm a HP fan and I got bored 10 hours in and dropped the game completely. There are too much parts outright copy/pasted from the movie and half the time I was running around yelling Revellio! followed by Accio! and that was it. I was quite engaged with the main plot so I might just watch Lets Play instead.

Reactions: Kos
I'm not much of a fan outside of the books, the movies I didn't enjoy nearly as much and reading that fans aren't quite hyping to this game informs enough that it's not likely for me.

I enjoyed the game a whole lot, not top 10 game of all time for me but still quite good. I disliked the Harry Potter first book I read and a couple of movies I watched, so I'm far from being a fan of the franchise but the game was good.

I wouldn't be up for an additional small story, though, for this or most any game franchise. I would probably be up for a sequel.

I'm not much of a fan outside of the books, the movies I didn't enjoy nearly as much and reading that fans aren't quite hyping to this game informs enough that it's not likely for me.
Huh, that's an interesting take to me... the game has a 92% rating on Steam with over 180K reviews. Not saying that should define whether a game is good or not, but as a non-HP fan when I was reading through reviews, it seems that HP fans especially seem to enjoy the game, and more traditional "hardcore" RPG fans are enjoying it less (it certainly seems like a game lighter on any kind of super deep story or choice). Anyway, from what I've read, my impression is that broadly speaking it is hitting its mark with the HP fanbase.

Back
Top Bottom