RPG General News - 2024: A J-RPG Feast

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Exputer thinks 2024 will be the year of J-RPGs:

2024 Presents A Feast Of JRPGs, And I'm Ready To Dig In

From action RPGs to tactical combat, there's something for everyone.

2024 is going to be one hell of a year for JRPGs, with many brilliant titles releasing consecutively.
Infinite Wealth, Persona 3 Reload, Metaphor ReFantazio, and FF VII Rebirth are just a few of these.
There are a lot more games with an unconfirmed release date, that could make an appearance.

Ah, JRPGs. The genre I played the most in all my gaming years and something I grew up with fondly. The iconic animated-style characters, partying up to go on an adventure, creative gameplay elements both turn-based and action, and a thought-provoking and impactful story to keep you on edge and deliver meaningful concepts with music more impactful than the scene itself sometimes. Trust me I can go on and on when it comes to JRPGs.

JRPGs also possess a vibrant history that goes back to the very initial days of the advent of proper gaming. Pioneer franchises like the Legend of Zelda, Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, The Legend of Heroes, and Ys started back in the late 1980s, and the concept of JRPGs can be traced even further back. Over the years, this genre has changed drastically, but it continues to go strong, and I can't describe how overjoyed I am that 2024 is shaping up to be an excellent year for JRPGs.

[...]
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

Great for people who are into JRPGs I guess. Fortunately, I think it's also looking like a good year for Western RPGs again.

Nah there aren't really any large western RPGs on my radar right now. Sure it's full of lower budget games, but the article is correct there is way more larger budget JRPGs.

Maybe the next Dragon Age or Avowed that's all I'm looking forward to.🤷‍♂️

There are plenty of big Western style RPGs this year. Outcast 2, Dragon's Dogma 2, Horizon Forbidden West, Enshrouded, Shadow of the Erdtree, etc.

There are also others that don't interest me as much but I know will be popular with a lot of people like Avowed and Bloodlines 2.

The only JRPG I'm really interested in is Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, but I won't be playing it this year.

Back
Top Bottom