Granblue Fantasy: Relink - Review

Been playing this one, racked up about 10ish hours at the moment. The combat is fun, the story is okay, and the characters are nearly all 15-year-old kids with high-pitched voices that get annoying very fast. The main character is somehow the captain of a prestigious skyship at her grand age of 15 herself, though I'll take that as the usual JRPG peculiar tropes, and respect it as such. Luckily the game allows for turning the voiceover volume down to zero, which improves the experience by quite a bit.

The graphics are stunning, however. Possibly the most beautiful game I've played in this peculiar graphic style, it feels almost like hand-painted to infinite precision, vibrant and stunning at every step.

For now, it's been entertaining to play, but it's not grabbing me in a way that I look forward to the next time I play it. Probably if it had a more mature cast it would be more relatable to me, but in general a solid choice for Action JRPG lovers.

For anyone who haven't watched any anime or manga (i think the game is based on?), is it worth it?

Some games based on existing media, assume you're already acquainted with the characters, and don't develop them or make newbies care about them.

Last edited:
I never watched any anime or played any games previous to this. I'd say the most important factor is whether you enjoy infantilized characters saving the world theme. The rest is pretty solid. Music is great, art is amazing, and combat is fun (boss fights in particular are very epic and intense)

Back
Top Bottom