Unforetold: Witchstone - Preview @ TBL

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Turn Based Lovers checked out Unforetold: Witchstone:

UNFORETOLD: WITCHSTONE - PREVIEW

Unforetold: Witchstone is a turn-based tactical open world computer role-playing game (CRPG) by Spearhead Games set in a unique fantasy world designed by Ed Greenwood of Dungeon and Dragons' Forgotten Realms fame. In it, you play a new arrival to the frontier continent of Kalsundia, where you are able to pave your own way and change the face of the world through your choices and actions.

OVERVIEW
If you have played a CRPG, particularly one based on Dungeons and Dragons (D&D), Unforetold: Witchstone's core systems should be familiar. You use background, race, and class to customize your character, determine a few things about your initial characteristics, and use that as a baseline for the protagonist of your story and Unforetold: Witchstone is built so that it really is your story.

The game leaves you with a lot of freedom to determine how exactly you want to go through it, who you want to work with, and where you want to go. There are a number of mutually exclusive factions that you can work with and join, and also the potential to just avoid them entirely and work with the people of the land.

[...]

CONCLUSION
Unforetold: Witchstone is a very promising RPG, and I am really looking forward to seeing how it develops over the course of time. If the developers can meet the expectations that the concept and content of the game promise, it is going to be an excellent game. The question remains, though, if they will be able to stick the landing, but I am hopeful.
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

Didn't know we don't get full control how we build the NPCs we hire.. that's disappointing.

Didn't know we don't get full control how we build the NPCs we hire.. that's disappointing.
I think it's just the generic NPC's you can't build. There are 2 other types of NPC ? Not clear, I haven't played much of the demo.
But if people demand it, seems they could do it , or moddable.

I think it's just the generic NPC's you can't build. There are 2 other types of NPC ? Not clear, I haven't played much of the demo.
But if people demand it, seems they could do it , or moddable.
Unfortunately this is the way it works for all party members, they level automatically. I think it was a design decision; they want to give the sense that every NPC is an individual with their own goals, desires, etc.

But there seems to be a lot of people who would prefer to have full control of leveling and equipping companions. So as you said, it's possible enough people request it that it will cause them to change it.

Companions leveling automatically isn't a big deal to me as long as they're useful and I have full control over them during combat.

Also, what's this talk about a demo? I haven't seen one for this game. Was there a temporary one?

Describe the plot, marketing.

"Okay! In it, you play a new arrival to the frontier continent of Kalsundia, where you are able to pave your own way and change the face of the world through your choices and actions."

Not marketing translation: You do indeterminate stuff in a madeup place we named Kalsundia by shaking up a bag of Scrabble tiles.

But there seems to be a lot of people who would prefer to have full control of leveling and equipping companions. So as you said, it's possible enough people request it that it will cause them to change it.
Thank You for the heads-up! My bookmark is therefore removed. I can forget this otherwise promising game. :( :(

Back
Top Bottom