Fextralife - Top RPG News

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Fextralife summarizes this week's RPG news:

Elden Ring x Tencent (Rumour) GBF Relink 2nd Best Seller, Lies of P Wo Long Collab - Top RPG News

Timestamp
0:00 - Top RPG News of the Week
0:04 - Coridden Shapeshifting ARPG
0:51 - Granblue Fantasy Relink 2nd Best Seller on Steam
1:37 - Crusader Kings Chapter 3 and 2 New Expansions
2:48 - (Rumour) Tencent Working on a Elden Ring Mobile Game
3:48 - Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth Demo Available Now
5:13 - Lies of P Wo Long Collaboration
5:56 - Rise of the Ronin Behind the Scene
6:38 - Dragon's Dogma 2 Fighter Vocation Combat
More information.

Oh fuck me... please just let that remain a rumour.
They've been working on it for a while. TenCent is actually the second largest shareholder in fromsoft at 16.3 % Interestingly Tencent also owns 17% of Larian.

Tencent owns a share in every large to medium publisher and developer worldwide. Sure their from the dreaded China but reports show they take a hands off aporiach.

They've been working on it for a while. TenCent is actually the second largest shareholder in fromsoft at 16.3 % Interestingly Tencent also owns 17% of Larian.
Where's the 17% number coming from? Everything I've seen on that topic says Tencent owns 30% of Larian.

The only public sources I've seen are this old tweet and some data from a global database. Both state Tencent owns 30% of Larian Group Holdings, though they're old and not official sources. In the yearly financial statements of the Belgian company - Arrakis - you can only see it's fully owned by the Irish holding (the form is actually blank in the % column; I assume it means 100%).

In Ireland, you have to pay to access those statements, it seems. Knock yourself out if you want to dig into those documents (it's not very expensive: 2.5€ each, and I bet the holders are in the consolidated financial statements). :)

Where's the 17% number coming from? Everything I've seen on that topic says Tencent owns 30% of Larian.
I was looking up several games one day so I must have misremembered. Should have rechecked before posting but was in a hurry. I like 17 more than 30 though.

Last edited:
Yeah, they actually announced that last summer. I wonder what it means for the Dying Light IP. I was hoping we'd eventually get another one like DL1.

Back
Top Bottom