Morrowind - OpenMW Interview

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
OpenMW is still in development - here's an interview with Capo:

You've already been interviewed on this very blog in 2019, but you didn't mention if you have a cat. Who are you again, by the way?

It's me. I'm the cat.

I have to reveal the darkest of my dark secrets: I am not in fact a cat.

I'm still Alexei, still best known as Capo. I've since moved to Southern Russia, though I hope to eventually move somewhere else. I'm now 21 and thankfully, I'm not a high school student anymore. Right now I'm trying to get a CS degree. Yes, I'm younger than Morrowind itself, by a month or so.

As mentioned in the original interview, I discovered The Elder Scrolls series proper and OpenMW in 2015, stuck around since then and started actively contributing in early 2018. I generally focus on file format support (NIF, ESM, BSA), mod compatibility and high-level mechanics.

I do have a cat. Her name used to be Behemoth, and now it's Plague. Is cat tax evasion a crime? I'm committing it.

What have you been working on recently, and what's your new five-year plan for OpenMW?
Assuming the entire 0.49 development cycle counts as "recently", I would put a few things from that here as the highlights.

I've recently added NiFogProperty and NiParticleBomb NIF record type handling -- the former is responsible for setting up fog settings in NetImmerse and it's useful for disabling fog for a part of the scene and the latter produces an explosion effect during particle simulation. I've soft-rewritten the entire NIF parser for the upcoming 0.49 release, which is not something an end-user should notice, but what it should do is make further updates to it much easier.

[...]
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

Back
Top Bottom