Last Epoch - 1 Million Copies sold

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Last Epoch had a successful Early Access phase:

Celebrating a Milestone - 1 Million Copies of Last Epoch Sold!

We're bursting with excitement to announce that over 1 million players have joined the Last Epoch community!

This wouldn't have been possible without the incredible support of each and every one of you. From the day we launched into Early Access, you've been there with us, playing, providing feedback, crafting amazing theories, and spreading the word about Last Epoch. Your passion and dedication have fueled our drive to create the best possible game, and we are truly grateful.

We know this news might not be fresh, but we were hard at work getting everything ready for 1.0 and wanted to make sure we took a moment to celebrate this achievement with you, our amazing community.

Thank you to everyone who has played, theory-crafted, reported bugs, shared their experiences, and simply enjoyed Last Epoch. You are the heart and soul of this game, and we can't wait to continue this journey together as we approach 1.0 and beyond!

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Yeah figured that was Early Access sale numbers and not really that high. Only say that as the game has been in developement for years. Hopefully it sells more.

I have 500 hours in this game and haven't played in over a year.
So excited for the release next week!
In my opinion, whoever likes isometric loot ARPGs should give this game a try as it is also quite cheap to buy.

Next week it's the 1.0 release of Last Epoch and Sons of the Forest. Not the typical super exciting single-player RPG releases, but looking forward to it regardless!

Another game that requires you to stay online and has in-game purchases; isn't that yet another Diablo clone? Probably not for me but I'll check the reviews.
I think it also has an offline mode.

Another game that requires you to stay online and has in-game purchases; isn't that yet another Diablo clone? Probably not for me but I'll check the reviews.
They added an offline mode last year according to a steam update.
Players can choose to play Online or Offline. Characters created for offline play will not be able to play online. The choice to play online or offline will be part of Character Creation.
As we’re talking about changes to the client here, we also want to quickly mention our plans for the future of the Last Epoch’s offline mode. With Beta Patch 0.9, Offline mode will continue to work as it currently does, where it has some online services such as friends list support, and chat. However, as we move towards 1.0, we’re planning to make offline truly offline. This will mean offline mode will not require an internet connection at any point (beyond initially downloading the game). This also means offline mode will not support connected functionality but will offer a genuinely offline experience to players who want it. You will only be asked to connect to our servers when you select to play multiplayer and play on our servers.

Yes, I can confirm the game has an offline mode. Never looked at the ingame shop in my playtime so can't comment on that. It's not really focussed upon, as far as I can tell only some cosmetics there.

Is there anything that makes this stand out from the gazillion Diablo clones that are already out there?
I put about 40 hours into this one last year. It does share a lot in common with other ARPGs (or Diablo clones as you put it) but the crafting and skill trees are far superior. The crafting system allows you to salvage equipment for the individual prefix and suffix components and then you can add them to gear of your choice. You can literally build you own tailor made legendaries. You have two class related skill trees and then each of your skills has it’s own pretty extensive tree. Trees which can dramatically change the skills as opposed to what Diablo does. The graphics and story are par for the course. But those two stsyems alone help elevate it above many other ARPGs in my opinion. If you don’t like Diablo or PoE then this probably isn’t for you. But if you like the genre I would recommend this game.

I have looked into this game, it has some good stuff - and some hype to it. It has good classes I noticed and a wide variety, decent graphics, and I thought about maybe giving it a try. Still undecided but it is on my radar.

Back
Top Bottom