NWN - Enhanced Edition - New Patch

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The volunteers that continue to update NWN:EE have released the stable version of patch ".36" to production and it's now live:

New Development Build ready for testing

Hey there everyone!

This release is being developed for personal enjoyment and out of goodwill for our fellow players and creators by unpaid software engineers from the NWN community:

- clippy, Daz, Jasperre, Liareth, niv, shadguy, Soren, Squatting Monk, tinygiant, virusman

To our fellow community:

Thank you all for keeping this shared adventure alive.

Highlights

• New HDR-bloom postprocessing effect accumulates overlapping effects more naturally and makes intense colors bleed into the surrounding pixels.
  • Improvements to the gameplay UI, such as toggling object highlight by double-pressing TAB.
    Significant performance improvements across the board, both on servers and clients.
  • Many new and improved scripting functions, including support for synchronised audio playback and improvements to the scriptable UI.
  • Over a hundred bugfixes, including several notorious 20-year-old bugs, such as area objects sometimes showing up too late.
  • Script compiler is now open source and available as a standalone tool at https://github.com/niv/neverwinter.nim.
Details here.
Thanks Lucky Day!

More information.

The game that always has bugs to fix over two decades later.:sarcasticclap:

Even after both developer's have dropped official support.

I can only say kudos to the people who pour their free time, talent, and passion into improving old games like this, even after the studio who made the game stopped supporting it and left it as a broken toy. I play NWN in particular very rarely but last I checked these people even enabled spell indicators to visualize range/AoE abilities like in more modern games, amongst hundreds of other great quality-of-life improvements, not to mention cosmetics, a myriad of DM tools, and whatnot.

Amazing, selfless work, deserves nothing but praise.

The two new features sound good. I imagine the script fixes are mostly related to bugs that happen in user made content. I also didn't really encounter any bugs when I played many many years ago.

Back
Top Bottom