GreedFall 2 - At Nacon Connect 2024

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Couchpotato spotted that GreedFall II: The Dying World, Ravenswatch, Crown Wars: The Black Prince, Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown will be featured at Nacon Connect 2024 on February 29 at 10:00 a.m. PT / 1:00 p.m. ET.

More information.

Finally some news, I hope they will reveal it is almost done.

I still need to play the first one. I know I say it a lot but man, so many games, so far behind.

Only one thing I want to see removed and that's the constant backtracking over the same areas. Nothing like getting a new quest and fighting the same enemies once again.

I'm also looking forward to see more of the new TDU game... I've been waiting years for that thing with no news.

Only one thing I want to see removed and that's the constant backtracking over the same areas. Nothing like getting a new quest and fighting the same enemies once again.
DEFINITELY! I normally don't mind that kind of thing, but this game was absolutely terrible on that front.

And the way enemies would suddenly break off and go back to their spawn point if you got a certain distance away. Fighting became trivial once you discovered that.

And the repeated buildings. Each faction's palace was exactly the same, but with different furnishings! Several homes were, too.

I wasn't as big on Greedfall as some were. To me, it was just ok. I really liked it at the start, but the repetitiveness of the environments and the gameplay killed it for me by the end. I barely managed to finish it.

I wish they'd go back to the Mars: War Logs/Technomancer universe.

I wasn't as big on Greedfall as some were. To me, it was just ok. I really liked it at the start, but the repetitiveness of the environments and the gameplay killed it for me by the end. I barely managed to finish it.
Similar to me.
Except that I actually did stop playing it. At least I cannot for the life of me remember the ending, so I guess that means I never made it there...
Or it was so forgettable that I did forget it.

I wasn't too impressed with Greedfall either however, hoping GF2 improved/fixed issues from GF1.

Well, I'm disappointed that Spideras didn't manage to really grow since Technomancer. Most of the shortcomings of Greedfall imho come from the small budget.
So I'm still waiting for a really good game earning them more cash, so they can increase their game quality even more.

Last edited:
I also loved the Mars setting and game, thought it was pretty cool. I also enjoyed GF although see room for improvement.

I am not a fan of prequels at all though. No good reason, I just don't like playing a new game that occurs before a game I have already played and know what's coming.

I am not a fan of prequels at all though. No good reason, I just don't like playing a new game that occurs before a game I have already played and know what's coming.
I'm usually the same. No interest in prequels - just feels utterly pointless, because nothing you do will change anything, as you already know how the sequel will end.

Except, in this case, as I said, I don't really have much memory of the first game to begin with and none of the ending.
So it's an odd exception for me.

@Morrandir I'm disappointed that Spideras didn't manage to really grow since Technomancer. Most of the shortcomings of Greedfall imho come from the small budget.

Their budget grew... slowly. At least under Focus. Not sure about Nacon.
You can write to the publisher to get them more money. :)

I just don't like playing a new game that occurs before a game I have already played and know what's coming.
Its a prequel on different continent so... not really.

Their budget grew... slowly. At least under Focus. Not sure about Nacon.
You can write to the publisher to get them more money. :)
Well, I guess their games also got better... slowly. ;)
I mean, of course not every dev can become a Larian, but I expected more after they released Mars: War Logs.

Spider games are basically B budget comfort food like Campbell soup. Their not great by any standards, can always be better, but someone they continue to make them and sell.

Was this team that developed of orcs and men? Lovd that game the most, also loved Mars war logs.

I went into the first Greedfall with a good amount of good vibes and hype and before too long I found myself too bored with the redundant enemies and gameplay loops, leaving it shortly after reaching the second area.

I'm not sure what can Greedfall 2 change so that it's interesting, as their gameplay formula doesn't work for me beyond the initial 10-20 hours and it feels like the second game will be just more of the same. I suppose it's a matter of taste.

Back
Top Bottom