Age of Wonders 4 - Primal Fury Overview

Age of Wonders 4 is my favorite game. I kinda despise youtube videos because I read a lot faster than I can watch a youtube video, and my comprehension is better with text. I've noticed a couple of people on this site mention similar things, so I can say that I like using Glasp (it's a Chrome/youtube thingy that will basically turn a youtube video into text) - and then just run the text through any AI, doesn't matter, GPT, Gemeni, whatever your flavor is - just ask it to "clean up" the Glasp text. Becuase then that Youtube video becomes this easy to read article on the Primal Fury update, and it took me about 60 seconds to do:

"The Primal Fury content pack for Age of Wonders 4 introduces a wealth of new features and experiences for players, courtesy of Paradox Interactive. This expansion takes adventurers to the storm-shattered Islands, a new Tier 3 realm fraught with danger and excitement. Among its unique challenges are the "Hostile Seas," which make navigating the world's oceans more difficult, and the "Primal Dispute" trait, thrusting players into the midst of a war between two powerful gods.

Exploration of this new realm could be enhanced with two fresh races. First, the Goatkin, essentially goat people, boast the Herbivore trait for healing from plant consumption, alongside additional health and defense capabilities, marking them as a resilient race. For those with a penchant for werewolves, the Lupine people offer a thrilling option. These werewolf-like beings possess the Athletics trait for greater mobility and Pack Tactics, which increase damage output when in proximity to allies.

The introduction of the Primal culture allows players to immerse themselves in the worship of powerful animal spirits. Players can choose from seven spirits, each associated with a specific type of terrain and damage type. This selection influences the powerful buffs available to units, encouraging strategic play around the crocodile, crow, mammoth, saber-tooth, serpent, spider, or wolf spirits. Successfully completing quests and locating Primal animal dens enables players to terraform land to match their chosen spirit's terrain.

The expansion also adds a diverse array of wildlife, including sabertooths, crocodiles, elephants, flaming elephants, and mammoths. Many of these creatures offer new mount options, allowing for novel battle tactics, such as riding crocodiles. Additionally, the pack introduces new units and threats, including a selection of wildlife that players can either confront or ally with to strengthen their faction.

Two new Tomes provide players with further strategic options. The Tome of Fay Mist offers defensive capabilities, spreading magical mists that shield units from ranged attacks and grant buffs. Conversely, the Tome of the Stormborn focuses on control over water and lightning, including a race transformation that turns characters into Naga-like beings.

Completing the Primal Fury experience is a new interface skin that immerses players in a woodland theme, enhancing the overall aesthetic of the game. This content pack enriches Age of Wonders 4 with an array of new realms, races, cultures, and strategic elements, promising a fresh and engaging experience for both new and returning players."

Ta da! :)

Never understood the members who have problems with watching videos, but hey thanks for the post. Also pro-tip YouTube also allows anyone to auto-transcribe videos as well.

Seems written articles for games are becoming more niche every year.

As I find more videos then articles.:unsure:

Last edited:
Age of Wonders 4 is my favorite game. I kinda despise youtube videos because I read a lot faster than I can watch a youtube video, and my comprehension is better with text. I've noticed a couple of people on this site mention similar things, so I can say that I like using Glasp (it's a Chrome/youtube thingy that will basically turn a youtube video into text) - and then just run the text through any AI, doesn't matter, GPT, Gemeni, whatever your flavor is - just ask it to "clean up" the Glasp text. Becuase then that Youtube video becomes this easy to read article on the Primal Fury update, and it took me about 60 seconds to do:

Ta da! :)
Thankyou so much!! Reading is often faster for me too, I feel more in control of the information. I'm not sure I will use Glasp but it's one of those things that are handy to have available and can be added to husbands chores :)

Watching videos takes me 2-3 times longer than reading an article would, and my "learning style" lends itself to reading, not hearing somebody talk over a video. It's just personal preference, really. Glad the Glasp/AI cleanup combo was useful to some of ya though. :)

I also enjoy articles more than videos. You can speed YouTube up in the setting for 2X speed or whatever you enjoy like in a podcast. You can also click and hold the mouse over the video to speed it up.

AoW 4 is a great game and I prepaid for all the expansions. AoW Shadow Magic is one of my all-time favorites.

Back
Top Bottom