Morrowind - Rebirth 6.6 Mod released

This has to be the most modded game of all time.
Probably and even more impressive for a 22 yo game, the modding has accelerated lately. I think competition between the updated OG engine and the OpenMW engine has helped this trend.

Newer games often run into the problem of older ones doing things much much better. I could never do what these modders have accomplished over the years.

Probably and even more impressive for a 22 yo game, the modding has accelerated lately. I think competition between the updated OG engine and the OpenMW engine has helped this trend.
Damn, I feel old now. It's hard to believe Morrowind has been out that long. I still remember my jaw hitting the floor the first time I saw that pixel-shaded water.

This has to be the most modded game of all time.
It's up there. I think it may be the most productively modded game of all time, in the sense that there's both quantity and quality (in quantity). Skyrim may technically have more mods because of how many copies it sold and how low the bar was to entry, but a massive percentage of them are junk.

One of the main reason why old games still receive amazing mods while newer ones do not is because the advances in tech are actually detrimental to modding. Modding is way harder when a game is huge and has complicated code. That's why we still see mods for Morrowind and Neverwinter Nights 1, but not many for most games released recently, especially regarding story content.

I didn't hate the combat as much as some, but there are mods that remove the dice rolls and make it more like Oblivion/Skyrim combat.

For me, the combat is only annoying in the beginning, but once you build your character to hit more often, it doesn't bother me that much. Still my favorite TES game, even though I played Skyrim far more.

I never played Morrowind with this mod and I know how much it adds to the game. I will replay it at least once more with this and possibly once more with Tamriel Rebuilt. The makers of this mod don't recommend mixing the two due to balancing issues as well as other stuff that could break. I know people were able to mix the two, but I just don't have the time and patience anymore to tinker with it.

Honestly I've never used mods to play this game, though I've only played it three times to date, once upon release and two revisits. If I ever replay it again I might incorporate a mod or something that give additional options/content, assuming I can figure out how to do so.

Back
Top Bottom