HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Hey Poor Player looks back at Fallout: New Vegas:

Fallout: New Vegas Is A Mojave Marvel

Grier And Roving In New Vegas

Back in 2008, Fallout 3 rewrote the RPG rulebook with a gratifyingly evolved post-apocalypse sequel, the likes of which we had never seen before. Boasting a massive irradiated wasteland, zillions of dialogue options, and a zesty compendium of missions, characters, and memorable moments and monstrosities, Fallout 3 appeared to be an unbeatable modern RPG...until Fallout: New Vegas came along. Swapping out a nuclear Washington DC for a rechristened Las Vegas known as New Vegas, this Obsidian Entertainment-developed sequel propels the hallmarks of Fallout 3 to greater heights, thus becoming the ultimate progenitor.

[...]

There's so much going on with Fallout: New Vegas that it's incredibly easy to forget to mention a bevy of cool things. This feature hasn't even delved into the crafting, nor the wicked awesome upgrade perks with abilities such as the Terrifying Presence that doles out a range of alternative dialogue options, and Better Criticals make you a more ferocious courier than you'd ever be without them. Mind you, writing a 3,000-word novella of Fallout: New Vegas wouldn't cover everything; it's that enormous and filled with intrigue and lore. New Vegas is one heck of an RPG, like a citrus fruit that never stops pouring out juicy sustenance, no matter how many times you squeeze it. There are hundreds of hours to deliciously gnaw on, but there are four DLC desserts to ravenously consume afterward. What Obsidian has achieved here is something that surpasses the already almighty Fallout 3, featuring a slew of amazing new additions, new perks, a brand new neon-pulsing setting, a new overarching conflict, many new missions, dialogue options and choices that ripple throughout the Mojave Wasteland. New Vegas is undoubtedly one of the most colossal RPGs there is, and it's as worth playing today as it ever was. If you haven't already, go and explore this mastodon and witness for yourself just how enormous it is and how it'll completely swallow you up.
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

One of the very few games I replay every year. To bad Bethesda didn't learn anything from Obsidian. As Fallout 4 and Starfield are very lackluster in comparison.

One of the very few games I replay every year. To bad Bethesda didn't learn anything from Obsidian. As Fallout 4 and Starfield are very lackluster in comparison.
you may not like them as much as you like Fallout:NV, but Bethesda did learn from it. Before that, they weren't doing companions and they weren't doing dialogue options. After it, they now do both.

True but they still have have poor dialogue and written story campaigns.

Seriously don't get me started on how Starfield ends. Fallout 4 was better.:roll:

Never played it because I hated Fallout 3; a first person shooter is not what I wanted my favorite cRPG series to become. I should probably give it a chance sometime though.

Fallout 3 was exciting at the time, bringing the isometric Fallout world almost every crpg nerd loved to a whole new experience. But I got seriously burned out on the awful writing and dialog, and the world design in general. Skyrim improved that in almost every way, but New Vegas was miles better than Fallout 3. I have a bookmark folder full of mods for an eventual reinstall.

Boasting a massive irradiated wasteland, zillions of dialogue options, and a zesty compendium of missions, characters, and memorable moments and monstrosities, Fallout 3 appeared to be an unbeatable modern RPG.
Now I know why I've never heard of this site.

Back
Top Bottom