GreedFall 2 - Developer Preview

Well, the buzzwords are right (more exploration, more tactical) but will it be true to form? Can they go from fake exploration and tactics to real ones in this title? If they can, it will be a very good game indeed.

I haven't watched it yet but I read someone else's summary. They said more companions but are we still stuck with 4 member party?

Was it 4 active members in the first game? I thought I recall it being 3.

It's funny how little I remember about Greedfall despite playing it to completion.
No, I think you are right and only 3 party member. This shows how little I remember of GF1 :D

Well, the buzzwords are right (more exploration, more tactical) but will it be true to form? Can they go from fake exploration and tactics to real ones in this title? If they can, it will be a very good game indeed.
No, I think you are right and only 3 party member. This shows how little I remember of GF1 :D
Yes. They added one more to the party. Which imho clearly suggests that they really want to make it more tactical.

Apparently you'll get to have the same level of control on any of those four, which (if IRC) wasn't exactly the case for the first game (one character + two sidekicks)

Apparently you'll get to have the same level of control on any of those four, which (if IRC) wasn't exactly the case for the first game (one character + two sidekicks)
Yeah. You could give orders to your sidekicks too but you should have more control in this game.

I really liked the setting in the first, the story was OK/good, the graphics were OK-ish (environments were great, characters not so much), the gameplay was OK, but the game structure and design was really unconvincing. Think first NWN original campaign. It really gave me the vibe of a low budget amateur play where you could see the actors behind the scenography. I stopped playing about 2/3 in, but I will finish it some time just to see how the story plays out. It is really interesting at some moments, and some plot elements had me really hooked.

As far as the second game goes, I'll have to see if they fixed the problems I had with the first one. Hopefully they did. They can make some really interesting games, but sometimes their games are just OK.

Back
Top Bottom