Non-RPG General News - The Sinking City 2 - Announce Trailer

This is a nice surprise. I wasn't sure if the first game did well enough for them to develop a sequel.

It's not a third-person shooter though or at least the first game wasn't. More of an action-adventure with horror elements.

It's not a third-person shooter though or at least the first game wasn't. More of an action-adventure with horror elements.
You are, of course, correct. But I learned recently that Hidden X goes by Steam tags when he makes these posts and Steam does indeed give it a "3rd person shooter" tag. Because sometimes the folks who assign tags don't know what they're doing.

You are, of course, correct. But I learned recently that Hidden X goes by Steam tags when he makes these posts and Steam does indeed give it a "3rd person shooter" tag. Because sometimes the folks who assign tags don't know what they're doing.
Oh god yes, so much this.

Trying to find a classic Hidden Object game on Steam is like trying to squeeze blood out of a stone, with many in the top 10 most relevant not even being HoGs LMAO.

At this precise moment, if you search just the Hidden Object tag, the top most relevant result is Snufkin: Melody of Moominvalley, a story-rich musical adventure game :D which likely has one Hidden Object puzzle in it somewhere or other.

I played the first game but I never finished it. I rather liked it. Its lower budget shows here and there, but that didn't bother me. I'm happy they sorted out the mess with the publisher and are in control of their IP.

As for the trailer, not much to say bout it. If it's really in-engine footage, then the step up is considerable. But that is just a buzzword that doesn't mean much these days. It's a really dark trailer (in terms of illumination, not just the theme) so it doesn't look too good on YouTube. I can't say I'm interested in this since I never finished the first game. Will have to do that and see if it falls apart after an enjoyable first third I did play through. If it ends up being a good game until the end, the sequel is more than welcome in my book.

Back
Top Bottom