EA - Some Re-Releases

Interestingly, these are all games with the theme of "power".
Not a single Adventure game there.
Because they have no "power".

It's like watching a train-wreck. EA ruined the Command and Conquer IP but continue to milk it for all it's worth. I wish they would fund new games but EA always cancel them.

Does this re-release require the EA App?
Good question. I don't think they integrated origin into these old games. I started Renegade, Generals and Alpha Centari and they just started with no prompt for origin. I also checked and made sure I don't have anything origin-related installed.

EA really should try to make some new games for their old IPs that are not being used (or at least license them out to other dev studios). These were not only good games that would be well suited for modern updates, but they also still have sizeable built-in fan bases. Do them as low-or-mid budget efforts (i.e. low risk). Include some of the original writers and dev team members.

I'd personally love to see the Ultima series continued or re-booted if they could capture most of the original spirit and atmosphere. The early Ultima games in particular were so primitive that they leave lots of room for new/additional story-telling/lore, mechanics, and expansion.

Interestingly, these are all games with the theme of "power".
Not a single Adventure game there.
Because they have no "power".
Or perhaps because EA has released ONE adventure game in it's entire existence?!?!? Also, the one game they did release was inferior to most other games in the genre being released around the same time so it was quickly forgotten.

Ah, Command & Conquer! The fun times of amazing Load Game animations. Also watching my pixel-soldiers at base doing push-ups to keep in shape was fun!! :D Dungeon Keeper with the large farting demon! :D :D

Back
Top Bottom