KotOR - Remake not in 2024

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Gamerant reports that a KoTOR remake will not be released this year:

Star Wars: KOTOR Remake Gets Disappointing Update

Embracer Group, the former owner of the studio currently working on Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, delivers news that should upset fans.

• Don't hold your breath for Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic remake this year.
  • The KOTOR remake has been plagued by problems.
  • The Embracer CEO has confirmed the KOTOR remake won't release in next 12 months.
[...]
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

Talk about a cursed IP at this point and I very was excited when it was first announced.

Hopefully someday we do get a proper SP StarWars RPG to play.

Last edited:
I feel the same. All my nostalgia senses perk when I read about KotOR remake, but I have the feeling I'm setting myself up for disappointment. Similar feeling to Gothic Remake, or VTM2. Still cautiously hoping for the best.

I was never as big a fan of KotOR as everyone else, so I'm mostly indifferent to whether or not this actually gets made. I'm much more interested in Star Wars Outlaws.

Still, I hope Saber Interactive can pull this off for the fans.

Star Wars Outlaws isn't an RPG though. Just another Ubisoft open world with RPG elements. I'll still play it of course but it's just sad how this IP is full of wasted potential.

I'm not concerned about how a game is labeled just how enjoyable it is. Outlaws looks like it could be the best thing to happen to SW games in a long time.

The IP has gotten better in recent years though with Jedi: Fallen Order and Survivor.

What the new generation consider an RPG nowadays is a joke. Me either something in the mold of BG3 or Dragon Age Origins would be my preference. Not gonna happen though.

I enjoyed KotOR and would be happy to see a remake, but I'd prefer a new, proper single player RPG as per Couch's post... and while I agree with Couch that Star Wars Outlaws isn't really a proper RPG, that's ok for me because it looks like it might be friggen' awesome fun.

I remember some news that they wanted to create action combat system for modern audience, probably some fast-paced RTwP. But its old news.

Star Wars Outlaws isn't really a proper RPG, that's ok for me because it looks like it might be friggen' awesome fun.
Well, I wouldnt be so optimistic. I expect a lot of generic missions just for different crime factions. It seems that you will have to get xy credits or materials in order to advance the big story heist. But I agree that it could be better than usual Ubi standard.

Where did you get that from?
There was news that you want to perform some big heist in the story but first you need to prepare. So it could be part of the preparation.

There was news that you want to perform some big heist in the story but first you need to prepare. So it could be part of the preparation.
So, that's just you speculating.

I'm pretty sure there will be more than just collecting credits and materials. Ubisoft aren't the best quest writers, but they're more competent than that.

I'm pretty sure there will be more than just collecting credits and materials. Ubisoft aren't the best quest writers, but they're more competent than that.
I agree. I didnt want to suggest that it will be ONLY about collecting credits. But I assume it will be part of it.

Back
Top Bottom