Outcast - A New Beginning - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The action RPG Outcast - A New Beginning has been released today:

Outcast - A New Beginning | Release Trailer

Adelpha awaits. Journey to an alien planet and support the local Talans in their struggle against an invading force. Are you ready for a new beginning?

More information.

i am really curious what you guys think about this game. is it as good as the nostalgic vibes it got years ago.

If you are thinking of buying I would hold off until at least it goes on sale. The initial steam reviews are good, but some saying the missions get repetitive quickly and the story is lame.
The demo was fun but there is such limited interactivity with the environment, it seems like an older game in some ways.

I'm not sure I'd call it AA, but I wouldn't say it's AAA either. Maybe somewhere in between.

I agree it seems a little overpriced though based on my experience with the demo, and I've seen some reviewers echo that. It should have been $49.99

Green Man Gaming is selling the Steam version at a discount ($46.79)

It looks decent, honestly. Not my preferred type of game, but I can see a world where I am bored enough to give this a try.

I'm not sure I'd call it AA, but I wouldn't say it's AAA either. Maybe somewhere in between.

I agree it seems a little overpriced though based on my experience with the demo, and I've seen some reviewers echo that. It should have been $49.99

Green Man Gaming is selling the Steam version at a discount ($46.79)
So, that makes it a AAa game? ;)

I've never really enjoyed the original game, so I think I'll give this one a pass.

Maybe AA+ or AAA- ?

I wish listed it. There is nothing in the pipeline that really interests me for games this year. So, may have to try something I am less sure about. I will probably try DD2 even though I don't like boss HP sponges and watching some trailers and seeing the massive health bars is a big turn off on the bosses. But the visuals are nice, the story sounds interesting, I like the look and feel. A lot will come down to how "easy" it actually is on easy difficulty. If I can enjoy the combat w/out getting stressed and frustrated then the rest of the game looks good.

Outcast I am still researching. Has a set protagonist but I like Cutter Slade from the vids and voice I saw. Also like dry wit. So, maybe.

Back
Top Bottom