HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Couchpotato spotted a new Broken Roads origin story:

Origin Story Trailer - Barter Crew

You've seen thousands of deals go down.

"You learned to haggle with the best of them when you were knee-high to a quokka, and by the time you were a teen, you decided that maybe it was time to make your way."

You spent your earliest years riding the back of a barter crew's wagon, travelling all across Western Australia, from Boddington to Bonnie Rock. You've seen thousands of deals go down.

You've got a head for numbers, an eye for trade, and a tongue keen for speech. Nothing makes you happier than driving a hard bargain. It's been a hell of a ride. You get your way, you'll hunt down every opportunity in Australia.

Attribute bonuses: Charisma +1, Resolve +1
Starting skills: Leadership +10, Biology +5

More information.

This devs are really "something". A few weeks ago they decided for the n-time (4th?) a new launch date -April 10- now it's "coming soon" once again and they talk about irrelevant things like nothing happened. In the meantime their game went from a respectable 20-30th place in the Steam wishlist to nowhere to be found now. Dead on arrival.

I've worked with highly paid IT Project people who've been doing their jobs for 30+ years who still vastly underestimate how long a project will take by a year or two. I sure don't expect some neophyte games company to get the planning right.

As long as the actual game's good (or even just enjoyable), it can come out next year for all I care.

I've worked with highly paid IT Project people who've been doing their jobs for 30+ years who still vastly underestimate how long a project will take by a year or two. I sure don't expect some neophyte games company to get the planning right.

As long as the actual game's good (or even just enjoyable), it can come out next year for all I care.
Yeah, but they shouldn't announce specific release dates if there's a chance they won't meet them.

They're probably very enthusiastic about getting their game out, show it off to the world, and they keep finding technical barriers that take time to overcome. Maybe they also develop new features that they feel will improve the experience significantly, and suddenly their release window gets massively shifted. Every small change with limited workforce takes weeks or months to implement.

Their mistake to announce release dates, indeed, but I'm happy to give them the time to make their game in the way they envision. They owe me nothing, and I'm happy to play a better version of their game, when the time comes.

The planned release date hasn't changed significantly from April 10th is what I have heard. I'm guessing if it slips further we will get an announcement.

Cue the eventual were sorry but we need another six months or possibly a year again. :ROFLMAO:

First delay made sense as they got a publisher to inject more cash for a better game.

Back
Top Bottom