Outcast - A New Beginning - Review

"Third person open world rpg". I thought it was an action game? What rpg elements does it have?

"Third person open world rpg". I thought it was an action game? What rpg elements does it have?
Well sorry to say according to market buzzwords, developers. publishers, and gamers anything can be labeled an RPG. All it needs is a few RPG elements and you have an RPG.

Keyword is stats, levels, and playing a role. 🤷‍♂️

Well sorry to say according to market buzzwords, developers. publishers, and gamers anything can be labeled an RPG. All it needs is a few RPG elements and you have an RPG.

Keyword is stats, levels, and playing a role. 🤷‍♂️
Even on specialized site like RPG Watch its impossible to reach consent about it.
So its kinda pointless topic as per my opinion.

Even on specialized site like RPG Watch its impossible to reach consent about it.
So its kinda pointless topic as per my opinion.
That was my point everything and everyone have different opinions. Your correct we will never come to a consensus. Doesn't help that RPG elements are now in every game.

Genre labels today are generally getting pointless and nothing but loose guidelines.

Can't be too far now from renaming RPGWatch as "RPGElementsWatch"

There's a basic skill tree?
IMG_6018.jpg

But yeah...I wouldn't call it an RPG. More like an action-adventure game.

And there's no character customization, right?

For me that dude is as charismatic as chair. That's going to be difficult...

There's a basic skill tree?

But yeah...I wouldn't call it an RPG. More like an action-adventure game.
Thats atleast something rpg-ish. How do you obtain the skillpoints, through leveling and exp or some other means?

Last edited:
The old Outcast was a borderline RPG / action adventure as well.
Main thing: It was fun to play.

I'm not arguing wheter its an rpg or not. I haven't seen it labeled as an rgp prior to this video and was curious what rpg-elements it has.

Back
Top Bottom