HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
IGN reports that the KoTOR remake is still in development:

Saber Interactive CEO Says KOTOR Remake Is 'Alive and Well'

Still in a galaxy far, far away.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Remake is one of gaming's most elusive projects. Announced in 2021, the long-awaited remake has changed hands multiple times, seemingly stopped development and restarted again, and after six years of development has yet to manifest. Fortunately, we finally have a real, concrete update on what's going on. Saber Interactive is still working on it, and according to the CEO, it's "alive and well."

Speaking to IGN in an interview today, Saber Interactive CEO Matthew Karch confirmed that the company took KOTOR with it during its split from Embracer Group, and that the game is still in active development.

"It's clear and it's obivous that we're working on this," he said. "It's been in the press numerous times. What I will say is that the game is alive and well, and we're dedicated to making sure we exceed consumer expectations."

[...]
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

So they survived the Embracer episode, good for them! Saber Interactive is itself quite a big company, actually. I didn't know (or forgot) they acquired 4A Games, who made the Metro games, and 3D Realms (who made Duke Nukem 3D).

Too bad I don't have any popcorn left to watch what comes next. ;)

Will it ever release....I don't know...but lets flip a coin and find out. 🤷‍♂️

Sadly if it ever does I'll be happy but if it never does I wont be surprised at this point.

Good news. Hopefully this remake will retain many RPG aspects of the original and not just devolve into yet another FPS.

This is one of the few remakes I look forward to. It was a great game in its time but the graphics and interface are probably too old for me to enjoy at this point.

This is one of the few remakes I look forward to. It was a great game in its time but the graphics and interface are probably too old for me to enjoy at this point.
A.I generated texture mods and other mods can fix that problem easily.

Yet a full remake will most likely be better then them all.:nod:

Replayed the original a few years ago, but combat was so easy and boring that I lost interest. Story is still good though and I would have stuck with it were it my first time playing.

I want to hope for the best, but from all the delays, silence and the way they communicate when they're not completely absent, I expect they will butcher it and I'll wish I had kept the great memories from the original KotOR.

Thinking positive, I have no expectations whatsoever, and I wouldn't even care if it never gets released, so it will be hard for me to feel disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom