New Arc Line - Story Trailer

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Yemeth spotted a story trailer for New Arc Line:

New Arc Line | Story Trailer

Set during the gilded age of magic and technology, New Arc Line welcomes players to a troubled world: The New World looms on the horizon, the shining city of progress, and the last beacon of hope in your search for a cure to your family's fatal disease.

But you will soon discover that the city's beauty runs only skin-deep; tensions growing between different factions in the world of arcane magic and steampunk gadgets, the rich exploiting the poor, the humanoid hunting the monstrous, and in the middle of it all you, a stranger in a strange land, unaware of the role you have to play in shaping the future of this world... Which side will you choose? What will you become?
More information.

It looks pretty good, but it doesn't seem to have a release date yet.

Last edited:
Wait...there's a card mechanic during combat? :unsure:
Maybe? (At 1:25) it looks like the cards in this trailer were being used to intimidate though.

They haven't really said anything about the combat beyond saying it's turn-based...

The card had things like "Defense" and "Darkness" on them, so I wouldn't be surprised if they're used in combat as well as skill tests in general.

Looks good.
I'm fine with that as long as the cards aren't randomized or have randomized effects. It's impossible to tell from that piece of footage.

Yes damn well please be good but those card mechanics are worrying.

Frankly this game has changed over three times since it was announced.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm not really a big fan of collectible card mechanics in games but I'll keep an open mind. I'm happy it's turn-based at least.

Like I said before the game went under many revisions that yes it's now TB.

It always wasn't they tried out different styles and older videos showcase that.
Personally, as a lifelong turn-based defender, New Arc Line’s combat is looking like one of its more intriguing elements. Still, there is a sizeable contingent of players who prefer real-time combat. We’ve seen a few instances in the past of games that offer both turn-based and real-time combat as options- is that something that you’ve thought about for New Arc Line, or is it an experience that’s been expressly designed as a turn-based one?

We experimented with the combat system for a long time: we had combat with active pause, time slowdown, and other variants. We tried a lot of options and decided that turn-based combat was the best option for New Arc Line. The player will be able to take their time to think everything through and choose their tactical preferences – like dominoes lined up in a row and pushing the last one, looking at how your plan is brought to life. Or, build nothing and just destroy everything round after round.

Like I said before the game went under many revisions that yes it's now TB.
Not interested any more then :p j/k but still disappointed. I shall keep an eye on its news - I know Arcanum is beloved by many but I could never get into it but maybe the this one will work better for me.

Back
Top Bottom