Monsters of Mican

crpgnut

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor
This is another might and magic remake/clone/spiritual successor. In this game your party of four arrive on an island as part of a mercenaries guild. There are 14 classes, from the common sorcerer and knight, to the all luck Jester or MM faves paladin and archer. You'll be greeted by a spiritual fox who will give a short tutorial and then you'll explore a little beach area for your first steps before entering a town that has a multiple level dungeon on the outskirts. The town has various vendors: potions, weapons, armor, temple, trainer, etc. Everything here looks like something you'd see in Xeen, just made for modern pcs. Once you get settled in with newbie stuff, you can enter a cavern that leads into a volcano based dungeon. Here you will traverse extremely well designed levels as you try to figure out why this place has spawned near an otherwise sleepy little town.

This game has rock solid game systems. Fun melee and ranged with special attacks. Item acquisitions with the mm3 standards of diamond, obsidian, wood, glass, etc. You'll get status effects with cartoon graphics over your character's faces to show you what's up. Green vials for poison, little swirlies for confused and other symbols that are easy to understand. You have the promotion system in full force and you'll go novice, expert, master, grandmaster, and legend! This game is just one guy's love for Might and Magic turned into a long module length game. I've played 30 hours or so just messing with various builds and trying to not laugh at the pronoun stuff. That's not my bag, but it doesn't detract from the game in any way. Just background text.

Anyway this is super good and super cheap, since Corwin couldn't afford my other MM wannabe ;) Come join me on the discord if you decide to play. I'll be here all week.

One thing that is really funny, in my opinion of course, the dev makes a ton of the sound effects with his voice. He purposely cheeses the goofy sound effects you get in these types of games. For instance training nets you the guy do-da-do-dooo!

Hilarity ensues :D

Back
Top Bottom