Kingdom Come - Part 2 in Development

Great news, the first one was a pretty good game, if a bit rough around the edges.

All I can say it's about damn time they announced the sequel.

As they trolled us for years.

Edit: Small correction due to stuck pad keyboard.

Last edited:
Great news indeed. I am replaying the game right now. It's better than I remembered - and it already was one of my favorites of all time. Downside is that it's frustratingly difficult especially in the beginning due to clunkiness, bugs and the unconventional save system. Hopefully the second one improves on those aspects and makes the difficulty feel more fair (yet keeping it; that's one of the aspects I like about the game).

This isn't really new news though, is it? I thought it was no secret that they've been working on the sequel for quite awhile. This is just the "official" announcement.

Yep for six years they played the troll game while never admitting to anything.

We have a few thresds about the various times it was hinted.

Oh I agree, especially now when so many developers are struggling just to stay afloat.
It is quite suprising that they can keep 200+ employees afloat with the sales of a game from 2018. Embracer must have confidence the next game is going to be more successful than the first.

I would say that confidence is likely well placed as KC : Deliverance was something special. It was like playing an even better version of Boiling Point when it first released. Janky but an amazing open world experience with none of the hand-holding modern games favour.

I couldn't get past the combat for the first game. I loved the graphics, even the map looked pretty, but the combat just didn't click for me. I don't mind stupidly easy combat, like in Oblivion or Skyrim, but yeah - I tried on multiple times
to get past the combat, but I just kept hitting a wall with it.

They definitely have to improve the combat a lot, especially the unusable melee system on K+M. The idea was good but it was simply impossible to control.

On the money side, I wonder if they'll try another Kickstarter for that one. I doubt it, but I also wonder how they survived that long.

I like the combat better than the hack'n'slash in most fantasy RPGs (Skyrim etc.). There's too much to remember however and it would be nice to have perks that slow time, and true that the combat could be improved.

One of their job offers, for a technical animator, lists knowledge of the CryEngine as a nice-to-have. If that's what they're still using, I wonder if it's the 'old' version 5 or the version 6, which hasn't been released yet.
I would think it has to be version 5 since they've been working on it for some time already. The first game used CryEngine 3 iirc.

Back
Top Bottom