RPG General News - Turn Based Games

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Joel RPG recommends some turn-best games:

Top 15 Best NEW Turn Based Strategy-Tactics-RPG Games That You Should Try | 2024 Edition

TIMESTAMPS:
00:00 Intro
01:53 #15. No Plan B (PC)
02:30 #14. Slice & Dice (PC, Android)
03:07 #13. Solium Infernum (PC)
03:42 #12. Dominions 6 - Rise of the Pantokrator (PC)
04:19 #11. LONESTAR (PC)
04:53 #10. Headquarters: World War II (PC)
05:26 #9. Tendryll (PC)
06:00 #8. Dark Deity 2 (PC)
06:40 #7. ARC SEED (PC)
07:15 #6. Guild Saga: Vanished Worlds (PC)
07:52 #5. Sandwalkers (PC)
08:26 #4. Demonschool (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch)
09:03 #3. MENACE (PC)
09:40 #2. ZEPHON (PC)
10:16 #1. Spear Song (PC)
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

I got Dark Deity for free on Epic at some point and enjoyed it from start to end, very solid Fire Emblem-like game with generally fun combat, so I bought it on Steam to give them my support. I'm glad they managed to get enough funding to make the second, I'll be picking it up for sure.

Other than that, Tendryll and Guild Saga: Vanished Worlds look pretty appealing to me. Demonschool looks good too, but the name puts me off quite a bit. I'll see how busy I am when it releases!

Yeah Dark Deity was a huge surprise for me when I played it a few years back, great game and has me chomping for the sequel whenever it's released.

I tried a few demos:

Slice & Dice
Really simple game play to go along with the simple graphics. But boy is it addictive.
At first I bounced off it. Wasn't sure what I was doing. But then I started to get to grips with it, and then... well... now I'm thinking of getting it. It seems perfect for mobile, and I notice that there is an Android version, so maybe I'll get it for my phone.

Tendryll
The central problem with this game is the the limitation of a couple of characters vs only 2 or three bad guys. It's a bit boring.
Didn't grip me at all.

Guild Saga: Vanished Worlds
This game has potential, with decent enough mechanics and story, and pretty good TB tactical combat.
Not sold on the visuals. Pretty ugly as far as pixel art goes. Like really ugly. Maybe if you could zoom out a bit I could get over that, but the view is fixed. In this age of beautiful pixel art games, this will be a hard sell.

ARC SEED
Mechs! City destruction! Giant aliens!
Alas, having to spend awarded money on fixing your mech eventually results in no (or little) money to buy upgrades. They need to fix the cost there, I think.

Back
Top Bottom