Songs of Conquest - Impressions @ Mortismal Gaming

I am not impressed. I remember the Heroes of Might and Magic series being much more enjoyable across the board. They had excellent graphics, music and gameplay, which I find lacking here.

Might be too early to tell, but even the difficulty (overwhelming setting) seems off.

Last edited:
Yeah I love these type of games but somethibg stops me from enjoying the game. :unsure:

I am not impressed. I remember the Heroes of Might and Magic series being much more enjoyable across the board. They had excellent graphics, music and gameplay, which I find lacking here.
The peak of HoMM was 20+ years ago, and we were all probably more easily impressed back then. I think this game has a lot going for it, but it's not going to live up to the nostalgia of the early HoMM games.

The peak of HoMM was 20+ years ago, and we were all probably more easily impressed back then. I think this game has a lot going for it, but it's not going to live up to the nostalgia of the early HoMM games.

I agree. But if you take Heroes of Might and Magic's OSTs, for example, they're unmatched to this day. Besides, it's clear that Songs of Conquest aimed at being practically a carbon copy of that series, so a comparison unavoidably ensues. Gameplay wise, Songs of Conquest didn't bring anything new or notably well done to the table, in my opinion.

Care to elaborate about a lot going on for it? I don't see that much buzz, actually.

Yeah I love these type of games but somethibg stops me from enjoying the game. :unsure:
Yeah, me too. I have not played a lot... only about 4 hours and I feel like I should be liking it more than I do. I do think it's important to recognize the game does some things fairly differently than HoMM, so maybe it's because I want it to be even closer to HoMM and that's the problem (and I'm someone who has played and enjoyed every HoMM game).

That said, I'm gonna give it a longer go because I do think it deserves it; there are some cool things in there... it just hasn't clicked for me yet. We'll see.

Back
Top Bottom