Witcher 3 - REDkit Trailer

As someone said on another site almost nine years to late. I'm sure some good campaign mods will eventually get released, but just imagine if the Kit was released earlier. :unsure:

Hope so as the second game got mod tools very late as well.

Yet only a couple of good campaign mods were released.

TW3 is a significantly more popular game than TW2, so I expect to see more being done with it. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Never been a fan of this game, another of those that acquired the Ubisoft pandemic that makes me unable to enjoy it (ie, the world is designed as a dopamine minefield with flashing colored rewards all over the place and the combat is too plain and uninteresting), but definitely a good game, and I'm glad they keep releasing tools for those who are into it to enjoy it.

That isn't a mod at the 43 second mark, is it? That horse was always showing up in weird spots.

Doing a replay at the moment. First time seeing the Next Gen. Edition and it does make the game look that much better I must say. I have no graphics mods just the Friendly HUD (an absolute must). So it stands up graphically meaning it should be that much more attractive to modders hopefully.

I have no graphics mods just the Friendly HUD (an absolute must).
Didn't play the next gen version, but I 1000% agree with this. A game changing mod. When I first encountered the floating map markers in Skyrim (or was it even Oblivion?), I thought they were a stupid idea, a distraction. But Skyrim didn't have a minimap which, I later realized, I stare at 80% of the time on my way to the quest location. That makes me not pay much attention to the game world and I never get to learn my way around the world. Plus, I missed a lot of details in the world along the way.

With floating map markers the game is ironically more immersive to me. Yes, there is a big question mark floating above some dude's head, but it's much easier to ignore that the minimap for me. And I think this mod allows you to automatically hide all that in combat when you don't need any distractions.

I used some of the better graphic mods but they are ultimately to demanding when you enable RTX. So unless you have a top tier card I don't recommend using them.

I'm looking forward to more content though just not the usual fixes and updated graphics.

With floating map markers the game is ironically more immersive to me. Yes, there is a big question mark floating above some dude's head, but it's much easier to ignore that the minimap for me. And I think this mod allows you to automatically hide all that in combat when you don't need any distractions.
Does the mod allow you to toggle the markers temporarily by holding a key, or is it just off/on?

I'm glad for the fans that like to meddle with mods, but this doesn't do much for me. I almost never bother with mods.
The backlog is so huge, and there's so many I won't get to, that to delay that even further with mods is not really to my tastes. But I'm happy people can expand the world of the Witcher.

Does the mod allow you to toggle the markers temporarily by holding a key, or is it just off/on?
I have it set to show more or less nothing unless I engage witcher senses. Mini-Map, icons etc. all only visible then. I think it's makes a massive difference. You can set how long it takes for the UI to fade away once you have released witcher senses and you can fine tune what is always visible. e.g. I set it to show health if it's below max and the weapon damaged icon etc. Whether intentional or not if I put a custom marker on a specific icon on the map then it becomes visible regardless in the 3d world unless removed which works quite well.

Back
Top Bottom