Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus II - Announced

Hmmm... I thought the first game was ok but didn't love it... don't think I'd ever buy a sequel. But then I am not a W40K fan.

Many WH40k themed games lately. Considering Games Workshop don't sell their IP cheap, they must be racking up some good dollar.

Games Workshop never cared who made games with their IP. All they ever cared about was the licencee fees they earn. Luckily the games have gotten better.

Also the timing of all the announcements is intentional because of the fanfest.

First game was fine, but nothing amazing. It was short enough to beat and the atmopshere was cool, but the combat was a bit lacklustre.
Yeah, I grabbed it during a sale awhile back and only played it for a couple of hours. I don't understand why the user-score is as high as it is. I found it bland and simplistic.

I checked - I played for 30 minutes then just stopped. Just didn't grab me, not sure why I didn't refund it. This game convinced me that I' only touch W40K again if there was an actual RPG - so I was thrilled when Owlcats arrived on the scene.

The problem I had with the first one was that it was not a tactical game, but a tactical puzzle with endless respawns and timers. I left after a few hours.
Atmo was cool, though.
Hope the next one will be a bit different.

Back
Top Bottom