Drakensang - Now on GamersGate

Huh, I was expecting over 6 GB, seems they must have compressed it better than some games. I can't imagine that the English version has any less content.

When I installed it I got a warning that the hi-res textures would take up 4GB, so you can draw your own conclusion about the missing content of that download.

So does that mean the GG version lacks the high-res textures? Because when installing I was told 4GB, but then that doing high res would be *another* 4GB!

Yikes! My cap is only 3GB a month :-/ ... Before I try this I'd really like to know if the game is a 3GB, 4GB or more dload...I would have thought they would sell the full game. But now I'm not so sure.

Anyone tried to install GamersGate games on a machine other than the dload machine? My work machine has a fast(er) connection but id' need to get the files across to my home PC (no, I do not play games at work. honest) and then continue the install/activation there.....

Well the textures could be compressed, which would explain why they don't take up as much on the actuall install image.

EDIT: Give me anywhere between 4 to 16 hours and I will let you know, damn been waiting to long for this.

Last edited:
Anyone tried to install GamersGate games on a machine other than the dload machine? My work machine has a fast(er) connection but id' need to get the files across to my home PC (no, I do not play games at work. honest) and then continue the install/activation there.....

I dowloaded one of my games from GG and then i sent the files to a friend he could use the files i downloaded to install the game on his computer

I dowloaded one of my games from GG and then i sent the files to a friend he could use the files i downloaded to install the game on his computer

Um correct me if I'm wrong but is this not piracy?

Is gamers gate always this slow? I'm getting around 40 k a second.

The high res texture pack had a size of 1.6 or 1.7 GB compressed. The German DVD uses 2.4 GB, but includes lots of other material.

So 4 GB sounds just about right.

Um correct me if I'm wrong but is this not piracy?
It's not piracy if the files are worthless without activation / registration. Transfering them to the other PC and activating them there saves him one DL process. One DL, multiple sales.

It's not piracy if the files are worthless without activation / registration. Transfering them to the other PC and activating them there saves him one DL process. One DL, multiple sales.

Ahh ok I did not know you had to activate it after downloading, my bad...

In that case no it is not even wrong:)

I don't know how digital DLs work. I was just speculating.

Is gamers gate always this slow? I'm getting around 40 k a second.

I'm wobbling around 40-80KB/s.
GG has always been kinda variable for me, yet I often get speeds around 300KB/s off Steam.

Still, I have a feeling this one wil be worth the wait :)

GG has always been kinda variable for me, yet I often get speeds around 300KB/s off Steam.

Still, I have a feeling this one wil be worth the wait :)

hehehe, yeah I felt the same way....however, my wife did not share that feeling I got that do you really need another game thing...

GG is simply less big so they're apt to be slower, though one should note Steam dribbles down to 50 KB/s during major releases too, because everyone is downloading

I actually averaged 150 KB/s off of GG, so I can only guess the slowdowns were due to massive amounts of downloads - a good sign.

PS: if possibly this is due to Galactrix (#2 current best seller) rather than Drakensang (current #7)

Back
Top Bottom