CoH & CoV - Mission 15 Architect Badge Changes

Dhruin

SasqWatch
It seems the Mission Architect system hasn't worked out for City of Heroes, so big changes have been announced:
Greetings everyone,

I wanted to fill you all in on our plans for the Mission Architect badges and also our plans for future badges as well. We really didn’t want the Mission Architect to be an environment that encourages farming for XP, Rewards or Badges, and we thought long and hard about the current Architect badge situation. Ultimately we’d like it to be a place where you go to play great player created content.

So, going forward—beginning with the Mission Architect badges—we’ve decided to move away from “count” badges that might encourage farming and/or aberrant game play. Instead, we’d like to encourage players to try all of our content by offering badges for completing 1 time accomplishments and achievements. What this means for the Mission Architect badges is that many of them are going to be removed in Issue 15. This is because they encouraged farming, because they encouraged aberrant behavior by doing one thing over and over again, they were unobtainable by a large portion of our players, or earning them was completely out of a player’s hands and in the hands of other players.
A comprehensive list follows in the original post.
More information.

And is there a stink over pulling badges people have "worked" for? Oh hell yeah. They've got some time before Issue 15 even goes into testing, we'll see if they stick with that plan.

And is there a stink over pulling badges people have "worked" for? Oh hell yeah. They've got some time before Issue 15 even goes into testing, we'll see if they stick with that plan.

See I always disagree with that posture. The whole 'Hey, I spent 20 hours doing that and now anyone can do it in 1 minute! this game sucks!'. What's the freaking deal? Things change, and imho in this case, for the *much* better (I actually never understood the 'badge' thing anyway, but whatever)

Back
Top Bottom