Drakensang: The River of Time - Screens @ Worthplaying

I'm certainly looking forward to 'the embosomed Drakensang universe'. Sounds awesome.

I am not sure whether they are new, but I am again reminded of how nice Drakensang looks. I am playing the Epilogue of The Witcher right now, and while I like it a lot, I am growing slightly tired of dark and gritty.

I think the Witcher is probably the closest in look to the Drakensangs... there are some very similar places. Some of the pics of D2 look even more like The Witcher - there's one of a green-skinned woman who I'm sure was in two or three places in the Polish game. I'm just playing the first one now - lots of fun, in its own way :)

I think the Witcher is probably the closest in look to the Drakensangs... there are some very similar places. Some of the pics of D2 look even more like The Witcher - there's one of a green-skinned woman who I'm sure was in two or three places in the Polish game. I'm just playing the first one now - lots of fun, in its own way :)

She is a "Necker", a kind of water-living human-like race.

Others of her race could be seen in Shadows Over Riva.

I think the style is very different.

Draksensang is like the Witcher re-imagined by a cilldren's writer :) It has been a while since I played it. I think the Witcher's settings were generally a bit better drawn, but seemed to depict a similar central European countryside... Are there any European RPGs that don't do that? The colony in G1 was slightly different, but otherwise all I can think of are Morrowind, the Fallouts... and Nomad Soul, if you want to inclulde that.

I looked at the screens and realized - I really don't care, I'm buying it and can't wait to play!

Draksensang is like the Witcher re-imagined by a cilldren's writer :)

As a fan, I would consider this as a slap into the face of the designers.

Because Aventuria - and Drakensang especially - was originally *never* be designed to be as gritty as The Witcher's universe ...

The *original* Aventuria / TDE even had a *strong* fairy-tale tougch on it - by design.

However, during the last decade that became more and more lost, and Aventuria became more and more dark.

Of which you see very little within the game. In that respect it is therefore quite "retro".

I do hope that Drakensang 2 will be even more so ... Actually, it is designed to please the fans even further, because it takes place during a time of Aventuria's history that was around the time when the makers of TDE decided to give Aventuria an ongoing history ... That was I think around the first and/or the second edition of TDE.

So, to many fans Drakensang 2 will be a travel back into the past, to a time when "everything was better", some might say (but which need not be the case, because the adventures of the first and the second edition of TDE were mostly dungeion crawls, and some *very* weird adventures that are nowadays not considered "canon" anymore ...)

The fans will very much enjoy it. Because all elements are there from the time when they "grew up with TDE", so to say.

With newer graphics, of course.

Back
Top Bottom