Dragon Age - Mac Details, Award Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dhruin

SasqWatch
A couple of small Dragon Age tidbits. First, CVG has details of a Mac port:
BioWare and Transgaming have unveiled a Mac Edition of Dragon Age: Origins that'll ship just in time for Christmas.

The Mac version of Origins will be available as a digital download and you can choose between the Standard or Digital Deluxe version. Bet you're gutted if you're a Mac owner without an internet connection though.
...and Dragon Age has won RPG Game of the Year and PC Game of the Year at the Spike TV Video Game Awards.
More information.

I'm thrilled for the Mac version - I'll definitely be dropping the $65 for another Digital Deluxe version so I can play whether in Mac or PC mode.

Spike got something right?? This... this can't BE! Must check the sky tomorrow and make sure it's still blue.

Good to hear the Macs are getting some of this gaming goodness.

Heh. I've got a friend who is a Mac-head, who bought the 360 version of Dragon Age. D'oh!

Someone on the Mac forums said they just bought the X360 version this weekend! Oh well - this one came out of nowhere for most of us!

Nice! I just bought a Mac. I wonder if I'll be able to transfer my savegames? Otherwise guess I'll have to install windows on my mac. I hope more developers consider the mac as a gaming platform. I have no statistics but it seems like more and more people are swithcing to macs... maybe not gamers though?

Nice! I just bought a Mac. I wonder if I'll be able to transfer my savegames? Otherwise guess I'll have to install windows on my mac. I hope more developers consider the mac as a gaming platform. I have no statistics but it seems like more and more people are swithcing to macs… maybe not gamers though?

Macs are for people into the exterior more than the interior :p

As long as it's possible to get higher performance on PCs than Macs for the same money, PCs will be the primary platform for games (of the two).

As long as it's possible to get higher performance on PCs than Macs for the same money, PCs will be the primary platform for games (of the two).

That is true - but not really the point. Millions of folks own Macs, and generally for solid reasons - so it is always nice when they also get to play some games.

Could be ;)

But there's something to it, even if it was mostly a joke ;)

Actually, not really ...

And really, since you hate Macs, and look down with disdain upon anyone who uses them - why the F are you even in this thread in the first place? Need somewhere else to troll and feel self-important? Must be ... sometimes you are such a sad and small person.

Actually, not really …

And really, since you hate Macs, and look down with disdain upon anyone who uses them - why the F are you even in this thread in the first place? Need somewhere else to troll and feel self-important? Must be … sometimes you are such a sad and small person.

Oh, was that a fair response, do you think?

I hate Macs and look down upon people with disdain upon those who use them? That's an interesting conclusion.

Maybe you're overreacting a bit, but I leave that to you.

I think you're both overreacting a bit.

But regarding Mac vs. PC I found myself preferring macs since around Vista was released. There is just so much less hassle and the stability is far greater on a mac i've found. Also the operating system feels much more thought through. I've had Pc's since the eighties and I've worked on macs since the beginning of this decade.

At the moment I'm freelancing at a large corporation where they provided me with a brand new HP Elite Book with Vista installed. It's by far the worst user experience I've ever had on a computer. At the moment its gathering dust under some papers on my desk and the only thing I use it for is to check my outlook once a day. Instead I work on my two year old mac book pro that performs so much better, at least when working on big image compositions in photoshop and illustrator. I haven't compared gaming on them.

Is this in any way relevant to ALL pc's and ALL macs? No. It's just my personal opinion based on my personal experience.

I'm overreacting?

Come on man…

I make a friendly jab complete with smiley!

I tease my friends with Macs in the same way, and I'm "pursuing" a girl right now who just got a Mac - and I tease her about it too.

That makes me look down upon them with disdain and hate Macs?

That's just ridiculous.

Macs are fine for what they are, and if you like them then by all means use them. I personally have little use for them, and I find it amusing to kid around with such things. It means nothing unless you REALLY want it to mean something.

Bah - whatever.

Oh, was that a fair response, do you think?

I hate Macs and look down upon people with disdain upon those who use them? That's an interesting conclusion.

Maybe you're overreacting a bit, but I leave that to you.

Perhaps I am overreacting, but I am amazed at how every time there is a Mac related thread there are sure to be trolls who have no interest in anything contained in the thread but need to come and berate the company, platform, and often the people who buy/use them. In this thread we got two in a row. I was willing to laugh it off as a joke, but you persevere ...and again I ask why?

Never mind the fact that Apple wins customer service and satisfaction awards every year ever sine they started, or the fact that Mac users are more successful, affluent and significantly more educated ... ;)

I think it's common knowledge that Macs have a friendlier UI, and less technical problems. What keeps me from getting one is the much smaller range of available software, specifically gaming.

Heh… The Mac vs. PC argument is all too common at my work - I'm in digital arts-graphic/web design-book publishings etc. where people 'traditionally' use Macs, but my obvious preference for PCs ensures that my boss will always have something to tease me about…

But seriously, the big advantage of Macs is that you know what you're getting - you don't need to fiddle with it's hardware, you don't need to worry about any incompatibilities etc. The big advantage of PCs is that you can fiddle with it, there's a multitude of hardware and software to mess around with, and doing so might cause trouble - but if you go that way then you probably enjoy that trouble (as I do) so using a Mac would be a poor choice.

If you just need a specific job done with as little hassle as possible and a Mac can do it, then it's a perfect choice.

If it does what you need it to do then it's good - if doesn't then it's bad… it's as simple as that.

Perhaps I am overreacting, but I am amazed at how every time there is a Mac related thread there are sure to be trolls who have no interest in anything contained in the thread but need to come and berate the company, platform, and often the people who buy/use them. In this thread we got two in a row. I was willing to laugh it off as a joke, but you persevere …and again I ask why?

Never mind the fact that Apple wins customer service and satisfaction awards every year ever sine they started, or the fact that Mac users are more successful, affluent and significantly more educated … ;)

Oh, so you're letting what other people do determine how to react in each individual instance?

You're taking it to heart as something personal.

YOU have something invested in the platform - not I. YOU can't handle a friendly jab without making all kinds of connections with stuff that's irrelevant.

You can't even acknowledge that you stepped over line calling me small and sad - which is so over-the-top based on what I jokingly said.

You are at fault here, not I.

But again, that's your business.

Heh, what I've seen with Mac people (i.e. those people that are completely into Apple and await every product release with bated breath) is that they are generally very defensive about their brand. Those exist on the PC side, but to a much lesser extent. I know plenty of people that have an iMacs, Mac Mini, iPhone, Time Capsule, Apple TV--basically their whole home is Apple. Why not? But then when something about Microsoft is mentioned, it has to be said that a) Vista sucks, b) Microsoft stole this or that from Apple, c) Windows is unstable and hard to use or d) "I don't offer support for PC to friends anymore." :p Well, that's great. Tell me when I can get a Radeon 5970 in my Mac for under 3000 euro (without that ugly Mac Pro case, please!). Speaking of which, apparently there are *no* good-looking PC cases, but the Mac Pro case is suporior to all. Hehe, just joking.

But there is a vicious feud going around between the two platforms, just like with Canon and Nikon photo cameras, PS3 and Xbox 360, and whatever the hell people feel emotionally attached to these days. Shrug it off, both have qualities some may or may not care for. But with people reacting so strongly to criticisms aimed at their "thing", it's hard for any conversation not to fall victim to such bickering, as it draws people into such behaviour. Where people gush about product X, there will be people putting it down and praising product Y. It's almost like a natural law or something.

Anyway, cool that it's getting a Mac release. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom