Divinity 2 - Patch Update

Dhruin

SasqWatch
News from Larian the "super patch" for non-US versions of Divinity II won't make it this week:
Hello all,

As promised, here's the status update on the patches:

-It looks like the patches for the non-US versions won't be released today. I just got word from DTP QA that they're still working on verifying every single version that's out there with this patch. As long as that hasn't happened, they can't release it.

-A patch has also been submitted for the Xbox360 savegame bug. It now needs to go through Microsoft testing before it can be released.

Lar
In addition, Swen 'Lar' Vincke added some frank comments on our forums, explaining the difficulties in testing across 40 different versions, once the various online distributions are added.

More information.

40 versions? Holy shit!

That's what you get when each download website uses their own version of DRM…… and patching.

Since the latest fully patched 1.03 US version corrupts savegames and is thus totally unplayable on both the PC and 360, I sure hope they patch it soon. Some of the worst QA I've had the displeasure of experiencing in years.

Anyway, until that happy day arrives I can't play the game I bought yesterday, but I sure do hope they enjoy my fifty bucks. Don't spend it all in one place, guys!

Ah Divine Divinity. I am going to install that again. Beautiful pre-rendered graphics, ageless, performing without any stuttering and best of all, PC friendly.

I have been waiting for the patch for non US version since ever. Can't be arsed to re-install the game anytime soon (even though I didn't finish it). It looks like even their patches are broken and will be a long time before they fix anything, "ultimate" or no ultimate patch.

Since the latest fully patched 1.03 US version corrupts savegames and is thus totally unplayable on both the PC and 360, I sure hope they patch it soon. Some of the worst QA I've had the displeasure of experiencing in years.

Anyway, until that happy day arrives I can't play the game I bought yesterday, but I sure do hope they enjoy my fifty bucks. Don't spend it all in one place, guys!

Are you sure "unplayable" is right? I'm as critical on D2 as anyone -- and unlike you, I haven't been able to play my game, which cost $80 locally, for six weeks -- but I believe the save game issue has been confirmed to occur when savegames are overwritten. Starting a new save slot should work fine.

I'm not suggesting this is acceptable but it should be playable with only a minor hassle.

Huh? You have two posts declaring completely catastrophic failures that simply don't exist - I am playing the US version fully patched up. It saves correctly.

rodalpho: Do you have Windows Vista? If you do try running the game as an administrator by right clicking on the shortcut and selecting it. (you can make it permanent by going to properties and the compatibility tab and selecting it there)

PS. Programs can have problems in Windows Vista with modifying files because of security restrictions put on the files.

Since the latest fully patched 1.03 US version corrupts savegames and is thus totally unplayable on both the PC and 360

"Totally unplayable"? You're exaggerating. All you have to do is use a new Save slot and avoid over-writing old Saves. I know many people who are having fun playing through the game right now (360). They were initially frustrated with the Save glitch, but talk of that has disappeared since the workaround was discovered.

Got the game yesterday from Amazon (US DVD), installed, patched and can't get past the "New Game" load screen.

I just get a CTD and the normal Request to send info to Microsoft, no error code to hint at the problem.

AMD64 X2 5600+ (non overclocked)
8800GT (latest driver) + latest Physx driver
2g Ram
XP Pro SP3

Plenty of HD room…

Going to mess with it this afternoon after work…was up quite late trying different graphic configs and various ideas gleaned from the forums & Tech. Support.

Seems there are several others in the same boat…

If I had to guess I pick a problem/conflict with the:

Physx driver/.ini/.dll - though I did disable it and still doesn't work
SecuRom issue
or a .wmv codec conflict since this is what thay use for the cut- scenes

Don't believe it's my setup since I'm playing Dragon Age, The Witcher and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.S among a host of other games with no issues.

Quite disappointed actually as I was anxious to try the game.

But I'll keep an eye out on the forums and keep trying any/all Ideas I can come up with or read about.

Hopefully something can be figured out soon.

Regards

I had the same issue. I updated and reinstalled the Physx drivers from the cd file as suggested by the trouble shooting list and made sure my WMP was up to date but no luck. I then deleted and reinstalled and it works fine. Never did sort out what was up the first go round.

This is the US version btw. Saves work np.

PS: We seem to have 2 patch threads going which seems would be confusing for people looking for help. Can someone combine them or lock one? Just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom