CVG - Baldur's Gate III Rumours

Of course it matters. If you are unable to recognise this, then we have no further to talk about.

Funny that you go on to write so much more then...;)

Well, even your last post contesting whether you've said so, says so (so to say): "It doesn't matter if the developer met the deadline or not, it was still Atari's decision to release an unfinished game."
That means according to your not very broad definition that they're entirely to blame for the release of the unfinished game. At least theoretically.

Theoretically... all you did was put words in my mouth, since I never said Atari was entirely to blame. Simply stating the fact that it was Atari's decision when to release it is not the same thing....

What facts? If you determine your own opinion to be facts, then I guess you have done nothing other than stating facts. :D Gosh, I love myself for saying these kind of things.

Saying that Atari was the publisher, and that they released the game is opinion?? :rotfl: Well I'm sure glad we got that straight!

Because otherwise they wouldn't get funded. When an investor already have put money into a project then it is far easier to get that investor to reinvest in the project, because otherwise the investor would lose the already invested money.

If a woodchuck could chuck wood, he would and should chuck wood. But if woodchucks can't chuck wood, they shouldn't and wouldn't chuck wood. Though were I a woodchuck, and I chucked wood, I would chuck wood with the best woodchucks that chucked wood.

While I can't stop it from being developed and released (if the rumour is true), I hope they do not continue with the original BG1/2 storyline.

Well I suppose we could plant a bomb in their office, or.... do you know where I could get some Anthrax?...;)

But god, I wish you guys are all wrong and new BG will never be out. I just don't see how this will be a good outcome. I don't trust neither Atari nor Obsidian.

Speaking seriously... I agree 100%

Like I said, I'm fine w/ more BG mat'l, a prequel, more stuff in the setting and location, a story that branches off, whatever. I'm not going to look into the future and determine the game is going to suck or is a bad idea before it's even been made. Admittedly, Im not as passionate about the subject as you, perhaps that's why I'm not bothered by the idea in the least bit.

I love the Forgotten Realms setting, and I would really like to see more games that take place on Faerûn, or maybe elsewhere on Abeir-Toril, but why does it have to be connected to Baldur's Gate? It's obvious they only want to use the name recognition to boost sales. I think they would be better off starting an entirely new storyline with all new characters. I would have no problem with BG references in the game, and it would be cool to encounter a few of the same npc's. I just don't like the idea of using "Baldur's Gate 3" just to sell more copies.

I love the Forgotten Realms setting, and I would really like to see more games that take place on Faerûn, or maybe elsewhere on Abeir-Toril, but why does it have to be connected to Baldur's Gate? It's obvious they only want to use the name recognition to boost sales. I think they would be better off starting an entirely new storyline with all new characters. I would have no problem with BG references in the game, and it would be cool to encounter a few of the same npc's. I just don't like the idea of using "Baldur's Gate 3" just to sell more copies.

Exactly what I said in previous post! I don't hate new game, I just don't like them using BG title!

Last edited:
Hmm, the characters of BG, are they tied to D&D or Baldur's Gate? Even if the story around the main character is over, the other characters of BG1-2 are still very interesting. I certainly wouldn't mind having Edwin, Minsc, Viconia and the rest as NPCs once more.

That being said, I only trust Obsidian and BioWare to actually make such a game, and they both seem very busy at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom