DA:D Dragon Age: Dreadwolf News

Dragon Age: Dreadwolf
so if that means laying off people who worked on multiplayer bs like Anthem, I'd say that's a positive thing.
I'm guessing most of them were people involved with Star Wars: The Old Republic. Electronic Arts is shifting continued development of that game to a third party.

Yeah no they fired their testing team or as we would call them Q&A team.

I believe Jeff Grubb confirmed earlier today that the fifty or so people laid off were all from the main Edmonton studio. Names I recognize are from the writing team: Lukas Kristjanson, who's been around since 1996 and Baldur's Gate (he's the original writer for Minsc, I think), and Mary Kirby, who's been working on Dragon Age since back in 2006 in the days of Origins. Now there's only one Dragon Age writer left who's been working on the series since the first game, Sheryl Chee, assuming she hasn't been fired too.

Bioware, as we knew it, is gone. That seems clear. There's been a huge talent drain there over the years (people voluntarily leaving), and now management is concentrating on the bottom line more than ever. Any product that emanates from that shell of a studio is likely to be market tested mediocrity. It's sad, as it's sad when all creative enterprises get swallowed up by crass capitalism, but Bioware had a good run and imo they won't be much missed, not with studios like Larian and Owlcat filling the void, along with the continued existence of Obsidian,InXile, CDPR, BGS, et al.

Back
Top Bottom