Fallout 3 - Tools of Survival @ IGN

Dhruin

SasqWatch
IGN has a 4 minute video on weapons in Fallout 3, mixing sample footage with comments from the likes of Todd Howard, Emil Pagliarulo and Istvan Pely. The video accompanies a weapon-focused article titled Tools of Survival:
Most games reward progression by giving you access to cooler weapons. At the beginning of the game, you'll be stuck with a few junky weapons, but by the end you'll be a walking death-bringer armed to the teeth. That is not the case in Fallout 3. It is possible to get awesome weapons very early in the game. The catch is that most of these will be half-broken, require some serious effort to obtain, and you won't have the skill level to get the most out of them yet. The trick to getting these weapons is usually making them yourself.
More information.

When I saw the title "Tools of Survival" I thought it was going to be announcing and talking about the Fallout 3 construction set but then I saw that it was just a stupid article about weapons. I don't think an article dedicated to weapons is very useful since the only use I have for weapons in an rpg is to make the game easier for me to play.

"the only use I have for weapons in an rpg is to make the game easier for me to play. "

In Fallout 3 the weapons plays you

Most games reward progression by giving you access to cooler weapons. At the beginning of the game, you'll be stuck with a few junky weapons, but by the end you'll be a walking death-bringer armed to the teeth. That is not the case in Fallout 3. It is possible to get awesome weapons very early in the game. The catch is that most of these will be half-broken, require some serious effort to obtain, and you won't have the skill level to get the most out of them yet

How exactly is this different apart from the obvious having more things in the inventory, its still effectivly going from weapons you can't use to weapons you can.

(and who came up with the innane 'rewarding progression'?)

How exactly is this different apart from the obvious having more things in the inventory, its still effectivly going from weapons you can't use to weapons you can.

(and who came up with the innane 'rewarding progression'?)

You can use it, you just can't use them as often. Get it?
No?
Ya didn't think so....

Back
Top Bottom