Less than 7.8% of RPG players did the thing

Now I remember why I put you on ignore. Definitely a mistake taking you off it since you're basically just being an ass at this point so back you go.

Spending too much time on twitter so not as verbose as I normally am (text limit side effect). Anyhow some people do make a big deal about them. I don't know how many some actually is though. I have that impression in my head, perhaps from things I read online. Also as it seemed someone was upset over the achievement around the water element. Maybe I read that wrong.

I don't see much value in them myself and that is really all I should have written. But sometimes I write without thinking enough and pay the price.
I don't think anyone is 'upset' about the achievement; rather i think this is a 'brag' thread. Hey i got something that very few people have achieved. There is some text around it to side track the what i perceive as the purpose of the post but that is for the most part imho a red hearing. There is nothing 'wrong' with such a thread but personally i see it more of an ego thing and of little value other than noise. However as is often the case it leads to progressive into a flame war after all it is all about ego and doubling down; no matter how elegantly it is done.

Bragging?

It's one monster during the tutorial section of the prologue playing on normal core difficulty to which I explained how it took lots of reloads.

You're acting as if I'd just completed the game on Ironman hardest difficulty mode.

And you wonder why I sometimes wonder if people here have completely lost the plot!

There's players that seem not have fun play games, but have fun do the achievements, that's why it became sort of mandatory.

There's a trend to include achievements in gameplay mechanics, I vaguely remind for example Humankind or BG3 (or it's JA3? I'm not sure). I'd say the only example of such integration that I found well done and adding to gameplay is Starfield approach giving more density or weight to character building thanks to this merge.

Achievements aside, on my first run I set difficulty to core as well, as that is how I usually play DnD and Pathfinder games.
At first I really enjoyed it as the combat is so much better when you have to consider full criticals and find ways how to survive them.
But as time goes, this excitement slowly disappeared under the huge piles of trash mob bodies. There is just too much of trash mob
combat and core difficulty even increases the number of enemies. At the end I found out that time consumption generated by this setup
was just too much. In all following runs (doesnt equal to finished game in my case) I always lowered settings to less punishing criticals
and also the one which decreases amount of enemies. I think Owlcat went overboard with trash mob encounters and less would be more
in this case. By the way I killed the elemental.

Back
Top Bottom