Let's do an interview

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Interviews are relatively easy articles to make. The difficulty is sometimes in chasing someone to actually get the questions answered and to ask some questions that matter.

So, for our next interviews, who do you think should we interview? Or, for what game? And are there some specific questions you would like to see answered.

I think there's quite a few opportunities for potentially forthcoming interviews with all these small developers who make niche-popular games, such as Vince from Age of Decadence, the Serbian guy from Underrail, the couple who made Serpents in the Staglands and the person who made Undertale etc, all of whom have more stuff in the pipeline that they would probably love to talk about.

I find the best opportunities for doing interviews is finding a game that you are truly interested in. Perhaps you've played and enjoyed some of their previous products, etc. The interview seems to come around more lively when someone who is truly passionate about it is asking the questions and really probing for deep and meaningful answers.

At least, that's been my approach in interviews and it has largely been successful (with a developer or two even claiming I had asked the best questions they ever got in an interview format).

So whoever decides to undertake this, please be passionate about your work and ask from the heart. :)

Because of soon coming DX:MD an interview with someone from Square Enix about the game and about Dawn engine would be a killer.
IMO.

Some good suggestions above.
Can I throw "the bloke doing knights of the chalice 2" into the mix please. It would be interesting to get a better idea of the changes for the second game, why he changed the graphic style, what his expectations are, when it's coming out etc.

I'd second the idea of interviewing the one man show-stopper behind Knights of the Chalice. Not only would you get info about previous games that he's been involved in, but the interviewer could learn potentially crucial details about the newest project. The big boys get countless write-ups, thinking outside of the box and landing an interview with a fringe authority on games could be quite lucrative.

Back
Top Bottom