MechWarrior 5: Clans Announced

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Piranha Games announced MechWarrior 5: Clans coming to PC and consoles next year.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYZwO5f9yk4
MechWarrior 5: Clans features a captivating and intricately crafted story that immerses players in the conflicts of the Clan Invasion. The campaign takes place across a variety of planets through stunning, meticulously designed biomes where immersive realism is baked into every detail. Hand crafted maps and missions deliver engaging combat, both complex and chaotic, demanding thoughtful, strategic play. Tactical options abound with an all new cast of customizable Clan Mechs boasting sleek and powerful Clan technologies. MechWarrior 5: Clans explores a pivotal time in the MechWarrior universe brought on by the Clan Invasion and incredible technological advances in Mech warfare, reflected within the Clan Invasion time period.

MechWarrior 5: Clans follows the elite five-mech squad, a “Star”, from the Smoke Jaguar Clan. The promising cast of rookie pilots complete their training on their home world of Huntress just ahead of the Clan Invasion, a critical turning point in the BattleTech lore. The game immerses players in both the personal and military conflicts of the Clan Invasion . As you progress through the campaign, you'll experience a deeply engaging narrative that unfolds with well-developed characters and moral dilemmas that keep you on the edge of your seat.

Top Tier Simulation-style MechWarrior combat returns in MechWarrior 5: Clans. Clan Mechs and Clan Tech bring a whole new dynamic to MechWarrior 5: Clans. New progression and customization systems encourage pilots to alter Mech loadouts with expansive customization through an updated Mech lab, Hardpoint, and Omnipod system. Adaptability to the scenario at hand is key to a strategic victory.

Looks like it's a whole new game, not a DLC or expansion. MW5:Mercinaries is a bit rough without mods, I wonder how many will get ported over to Clans?

Oh! There's already a Steam page! They aren't going to make it an Epic exclusive for a year?

Yeah it's a new game but on the same engine. The Steam page wasn't up yet when I found the press release. Anyway I still have to finish MW5: Mercenaries.

As my old PC struggled to run the game, and now it's upgraded.

Last edited:
Here's the Steam link for anyone interested.

Hell yeah. Insta buy for me.

Looks like it's a whole new game, not a DLC or expansion. MW5:Mercinaries is a bit rough without mods, I wonder how many will get ported over to Clans?

Oh! There's already a Steam page! They aren't going to make it an Epic exclusive for a year?
Good question. I'd assume it would be on Epic first since Mercenaries was, but maybe Piranha isn't going that route this time.

I never did play the first game.

It's a fun one. The story is trash, but the combat is good and the mech variety is great. It helps to have some thumb buttons on your mouse so you can get the m/k accuracy for head shots while still being able to use all your weapon groups.

I wonder what they'll do with the game engine. Mercenaries has an option to turn on ray tracing but it doesn't seem to do a whole lot. The AI (both enemy and squad mates) can use some serious help. And, of course, it could always do with more mission variety to go along with the mech variety.

It's a fun one. The story is trash, but the combat is good and the mech variety is great. It helps to have some thumb buttons on your mouse so you can get the m/k accuracy for head shots while still being able to use all your weapon groups.
Are you just piloting a solo mech on missions, or are you part of a squad?

Are you just piloting a solo mech on missions, or are you part of a squad?
Part of a squad of four.... sorta. You can switch between the mechs with a press of a key (and you'll be forced to if you get blown up). I didn't switch much, except rarely when the AI got dumb and couldn't find its way around.

You give squad mates pretty basic commands: follow me, attack my target, stay here... that sort of thing.

Back
Top Bottom