Mick Gordon's Full Statement on Doom Eternal

Yeah, it sounds very much in keeping with what you'd expect from corporate fuckery.
It's a pretty long post, and I surprised I read it all, but it sounds like was fucked over left and right.

Just another case of arrogant suits being out of touch with their product and only paying attention to feedback from bean-counters.

Even if most of what he says is true, I don't really see the point of issuing such a statement. He says it's to defend himself, but it seems more like a passive-aggressive move on his part.

This is horrible.
It did sound a bit weird the original version of Marty's explanation, Gordon didn't look good - more like: I'm an artist, I don't care, I have planty of other jobs, this is just one of them, so screw you.
So his view and explanation is really shocking.
So I actually get it why he needed to say it. Still I don't know what the truth is and I don't need to know - I'm just glad there is other explanation to choose from.

Even if most of what he says is true, I don't really see the point of issuing such a statement. He says it's to defend himself, but it seems more like a passive-aggressive move on his part.
It's his right to say his piece after the dude from id said his piece. Plus, as he says, he wants to clear his image. A lot of people were convinced into taking id's side on this. Well, he lays it out pretty clearly imo. And the reason it's two years later is because he tried to extinguish all posibilities of fixing this without going public. He knows very well the risks of being blacklisted by the industry by making too much of a stink.

Last edited:
It's the only move Mick still had, I think it's good that he finally released his part of the story. To add to his credit, he's waited for a long time and tried to solve the issue.

He did such a great job, it was sad to hear it wouldn't make it to the OST, but it's even worse to see how poorly Marty Stratton managed the situation. It's hard to be sure if everything is true, but from past communications from both sides and the poor quality despite Mick's expertise, it was clear that id was not acting properly.

I'm somewhat surprised that it couldn't be rectified by a legal action, but I know that one shouldn't expect fairness in that department either.

I'm somewhat surprised that it couldn't be rectified by a legal action, but I know that one shouldn't expect fairness in that department either.
It's the same issue we've always had. You can attempt to get justice if you've got a boatload of money and time to spend in courts for the next 10 years of your life. Even if you're in right, as a private person you generally do not have the fortitude to last that long in order to win. Nice system we got here, huh? :(

It's the same issue we've always had. You can attempt to get justice if you've got a boatload of money and time to spend in courts for the next 10 years of your life. Even if you're in right, as a private person you generally do not have the fortitude to last that long in order to win. Nice system we got here, huh? :(
Yeah, sadly it's often the case.

It's his right to say his piece after the dude from id said his piece. Plus, as he says, he wants to clear his image. A lot of people were convinced into taking id's side on this. Well, he lays it out pretty clearly imo. And the reason it's two years later is because he tried to extinguish all posibilities of fixing this without going public. He knows very well the risks of being blacklisted by the industry by making too much of a stink.
He should have done it sooner imo. Making a stink now is no different from making it two years ago. I think it probably only hurt his reputation to let Marty Stratton's statement go that long without a response.

I've read both pieces now, and I don't see either one as more believable than the other. I think the only people who will ever know what actually happened are those who were directly involved.

Back
Top Bottom