Microsoft is concerned about my screen brightness settings, uhoh (windows 11)

Arkadia7

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor
So I got a new laptop, and am seeing windows 11 in all its "glory", hahaha. Microsoft is concerned about my screen brightness (set to high) which uses "more power than usual", and when my computer is set to automatically go to sleep and turns off the display, I have it set to not turn off for an hour and a half, gosh, how dare I?? and thinks I'm using excess "carbon emissions".

Oh gosh, I'm so touched by Microsoft's concern for our environment! They gain 1000 virtue points for this. Now I know that I need to be aware of my "carbon emissions" in all things, otherwise I am no doubt a Very Bad Person. That is the last thing I would ever want! What other people think of me, as a good little sheep, means everything! (sarcasm)

Anyways, Of course when you buy a new computer you get windows 11 - not much choice. I could start ranting on all the things I hate so far about it, but I will just mention a couple (besides the microsoft concerns about power noted above) No "show desktop" icon on taskbar?? Really, microsoft, like, seriously? Who thought that was a good idea?

Microsoft engineer #1 -- "Yea, I know, something else we can change, let's take away a highly useful feature on windows that tons of people use all the time, and "disappear" it! The 'show desktop' taskbar shortcut has outlived its usefulness!

Microsoft engineer/designer #2 - "Brilliant idea, Ken! This is why we UI microsoft designers get the big bucks!" (The two microsoft engineers high five each other)

I had to find an article to write in the obscure code to bring the shortcut back. And then we have the lovely "centered taskbar". Thanks for centering it by default, I now know having it on the left side for so many years was a horrible mistake! (sarcasm) Gosh, so fancy to have it centered, look at you, big brained microsoft! (sarcasm)
*That is it, for now, maybe more rants to come, lol*

Last edited:
Sorry , It’s my fault. I like the centered taskbar and always wondered why there was a show desktop feature and that it was a waste. :ROFLMAO:

Run cause I'm grabbing my pitchfork as I loved the taskbar on the left as well.:cm:

Anyway every new Windows version looks like it's designed by a monkey. When you really know it's because of tablets and phones. The PC is an after thought nowadays.

Sure third party programs which are not free most of the time.

Some solution that is. I remembet the Stardock Fix for Win 8 and 10.:biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom