NWN 2: Storm of Zehir - Power Builds @ Thieves-Guild

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Thieves-Guild.net writes in about some character "power builds" designed specifically for the Storm of Zehir campaign:
Thieves Guild Power Builds are different than the builds you will find elsewhere. Each build is directed specifically at the campaign in question. It’s not a generic build; it’s not aimed at PvP; it’s not a hangover from the OC. SoZ TGPBs are made for SoZ, OC builds for the OC, etc.

Another thing that will differentiate TGPBs from others is that reasons will be given for the key elements of all the builds, which will be bolded in the build description.

Right now we present you two exclusive Thieves-Guild.Net Power Builds for Storm of Zehir. More will follow soon!
http://www.thieves-guild.net
More information.

This is actually a very good idea. Most powerbuilds and guides generally describe characters that will perform well at maximum level (but are often rubbish at lower levels). Hopefully, more will be added in the future.

What's a "powerbuild", actually ?

I mean, what does the term mean ?

It is a build made exclusively to maximize the power of the character. Roleplaying aspects and similar is not taken into account - it's all about number crunching and getting the most out of the characters stats/gear/feats/talents/whatever.

I see. It's what I know as "powergaming" or as "min-maxing a character out".

Yes, it's basically another word for min/maxing as far as I know. I might be wrong though, but that's how I understand it.

typical Rogue 1/Ranger 2/Bard 2/Dragon Disciple 5/Dwarven Defender 4/Monk 3/Paladin 1 type of builds lol, I hate them.

what about reading the articles at thieves guild before making silly comments?
and "powerbuild" has been in use for years, while your "min-maxing" is a dubious term since the introduction of 3.5, even if it could explain a lot about certain dev schemes in 2nd edition and the much deprecated 3.0.
is iwd2 maybe the last thing you played as far as dnd is concerned??? or are you some kind of wow types and strangers to true rpgs?

they came out with the idea of power builds becuase many players consider soz difficult (or in other words they don't figure out by themselves what the campaign is all about and how a useful party is supposed to be made). but enough, if you are too lazy to read, explanations are pointless anyway.
________
Herbal Health Shop

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom