PoE Road to Eternity, PoE behind the scenes.

Pillars of Eternity
I think you are right Dart, but I would rather see Troika's work rest in peace rather than have a different company necro their games and risk turning them into shambling husks of their former glory.

Now, a "Troika 2" similar to OtherSide studios (Looking Glass), revived with the leading members of Troika? (Tim Cain, Leonard Boyarsky, etc.) Now that would be incredible.

Well, while I wouldn't expect Obsidian to reach the same level of design brilliance, I don't believe they can ruin what came before.

But obviously I'd prefer people with more talent got their hands on the rights.

I'll wait for POE to come out, before making any conclusions about Obsidians true talent. It's the first game they are making that isn't contract work for a publisher. It should be the distilled essence of their true abilities as game makers. No excuses this time. Then we will see.

I'll wait for POE to come out, before making any conclusions about Obsidians true talent. It's the first game they are making that isn't contract work for a publisher. It should be the distilled essence of their true abilities as game makers. No excuses this time. Then we will see.

People are going to expect a 20 millions dollars AAA games with 100 devs out of it and end up angry because it is a budget game made with about 5 millions and 19 people (Obsidian busted their KS money and had to put some of their own into it).

If there is justice in this world OE next kickstater will be Arcanum spiritual successor.
Tim Cain as lead developer, Leonard Boyarsky will leave pathetic blizzard and join in,
Jason Anderson will be welcome too.

People are going to expect a 20 millions dollars AAA games with 100 devs out of it and end up angry because it is a budget game made with about 5 millions and 19 people (Obsidian busted their KS money and had to put some of their own into it).

At least I hope they managed to do the RPG part right and kept the promises they made in KS.

Who are these people?
The core audience is certainly not expecting this. Maybe bioware fanboys/girls so they can laugh at it being "worse" than DAI.

Who are these people?

The people you need if you want to create a longterm, fiscally-viable franchise ;) Kickstarter alone isn't enough to support a studio the size of Obsidian in Irvine, California. But, if Divine Divinity:OS can take top honors & free marketing from Gamespot, then there is hope for POE... as long as it doesn't drown in a sea of bad publicity in its first month from game bugs.

At least I hope they managed to do the RPG part right and kept the promises they made in KS.

The "promises" don't meant the same thing to everyone. Some people took "inspired by the IE games" to mean "direct sequel of BG2" going by some of the posts I've read on the official forums. The same goes for the RPG part too, nobody agree on what that means anywhere.

In other word, it's all quite subjective. I know I'm getting an awesome game (I've been playing the BB since last fall) though and that I don't regret the insane amount of money I spent on that KS.

Who are these people?
The core audience is certainly not expecting this. Maybe bioware fanboys/girls so they can laugh at it being "worse" than DAI.

A few people hanging out on the official PoE forums as it turns out.

The people you need if you want to create a longterm, fiscally-viable franchise ;) Kickstarter alone isn't enough to support a studio the size of Obsidian in Irvine, California. But, if Divine Divinity:OS can take top honors & free marketing from Gamespot, then there is hope for POE… as long as it doesn't drown in a sea of bad publicity in its first month from game bugs.
They need people that only play AAA 20 million $ games?
I think not. WL2 and D:OS did without those and did well enough.

Yes part two was released today and I will have a news-bit later today as usual. Seems a lot of new twitch streams are also showing footage of the games prologue.

As for reviews they wont be published till the 26th.:)

Last edited:
Couch don't forget RPS...and you might want to add his warning once you post streams and videos. He's the 3rd reviewer I see who tells people to not watch the streams because you don't want to be spoiled past the first 15 minutes of the game.

Adam pretty much summed it up at the end. It's definitely time for Obsidian to step up to the plate... else fade away.

Sorry if this has been asked already, but will this documentary be available anywhere once the game is out? I'd love to watch the whole thing, because the first 2 parts were very interesting!

Good question Fluent from what I know it will be released for all backers , and to all buyers who pre-ordered the hero, or champion edition of Pillars of Eternity.

Link - http://buy.pillarsofeternity.com/

They might offer it as DLC later, or someone might share it if you asked.:)

Back
Top Bottom