The Blue Screen of Death--what is it?

Interesting pic, reminds one of the pre-raphaelites, maybe a Waterhouse, though I am not familar.

Interesting pic, reminds one of the pre-raphaelites, maybe a Waterhouse, though I am not familar.

If you mean my avatar, I got it from a German site years ago--no telling who she is.:)

Oh well. I know I have seen it before and it bugs me. It is, I believe, just a piece of a larger picture. She is looking down at water if I recall correctly. There were some pre-rapaelites german painters too. It's a bit too green for Waterhouse, but it is in the same style. Thanks.

Just a note to everyone who pitched in to advise me on the invidious Blue Screen of Death--the Death here was actually my video card.

After blaming everything on the poor coders of the Immortal Throne expansion, I uninstalled the game and started playing DS2--after about 3 days, same problems.
I got on the phone to tech support at my pc manufacturer(Dell) and they remoted in and after discovering that the card wasn't accepting driver updates, ran a diagnostic on it and found a memory writing problem. Turns out the card itself was faulty.
Fortunately all this was covered under warranty and they sent a tech out with a new video card. It was HUGE--the size of a magazine--with a fan that looked like a turbo-prop. I'd been looking inside my case for a little normal sized card with a baby sized fan--couldn't find it because the card was the size of Cleveland--seriously, I thought it was a system board. :D

Anyway, thought you all might like to know that the game had nothing to do with it.

Glad to hear all your problems have been solved!! :)

happen to see what kind of card that was? Cant be that old if it's still warrantied

sounds like an old voodoo card or something, lol. I just retired an old pc here at work (im a de-facto tech support guy), I couldnt believe that someone was still using it. It had a voodoo3 card in it circa 1999,, that thing was huge!

xSamhainx wrote:

happen to see what kind of card that was? Cant be that old if it's still warrantied

It's an nVidia 7900GTX-same as came with the rig(XPS600)about a year ago. I assume part of the regalia was the heat-sink/fan type stuff as opposed to the actual chip, but it came on an 8" x 6" soldered board full of widgets and colored bumps, with a fan that can double up if the Cuisinart blade ever goes down. ( The 19 yr old techie who brought it out was struck dumb with awe. We had a nice chat about how consoles are teh suxors :) )

Good luck in your new de facto career--now that they know you can do it. :)

@Corwin: I don't know about all of my problems being solved--I still require extensive structural support in certain areas. ;) But at least I can avoid thinking about the miasma of approaching senility by playing my games again. ;P

Those Vista guys will do anything to get attention. :) It's nice to know they are carrying on the tradition though, gaboru93.

*cm passes magerette a new roll of duct tape for her support issues*

Deeply obliged. :blush::blush:See how your presence is needed?:cool:

ty ty I should be able to keep you in tape a lot more now. Things are getting back to normal here somewhat. lol

And you still appear relatively sane. Congrats! :)

Ooooooh! It's gone from blue to red! Now that's progress!

i think next will be in these 2 colors simultaneously! or in more colors!

Back
Top Bottom