Tomb Raider Trilogy Remasters

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
When they say 're-master' they really mean it. That looks like the original games with more polygons and higher resolution textures.

I don't see the point other than a trip down nostalgia lane for people who are easily satisfied. The later games in the series are better in every way.

When I bought my Voodoo2 back in the day I got a copy of Tomb Raider 2 enhanced for Voodoo2 and NFS 2. It wasn't my cup of tea back then and I've never played a single one since then. I should probably give the new ones a shot since I have two of them on Epic (and I think one on steam).

I don't see the point other than a trip down nostalgia lane for people who are easily satisfied. The later games in the series are better in every way.
WHAAAAAAT!?!? The new games are fun, but in a pretty different way. They were a lot more action oriented. The old games certainly had action (and some difficult boss fights), but the majority of the challenges were getting your timing right for jumps and figuring out which way to go.

I wish they had done what Anniversary did instead: remake the levels in a modern engine.
View: https://youtu.be/-WdEoq3oL8g?si=WVJcDflga5NXZBme

(Well, Anniversary mostly did that. There was no grappling hook in the old game.)

Yeah, I tried Tomb Raider Anniversary and thought it was pretty good as far as remakes go.

This new release just seems like a new coat of paint and a thin one at that.

Back
Top Bottom