Witcher Witcher Toolset

The Witcher

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
After years of owning Neverwinter Nights, I'm finally giving the toolset a try and I'm finding out that it's not that hard to do. The variables, floats and int are a bit confusing but I'm getting the hang of it. Anyways, does anyone know anything about The Witcher toolset? Since the game is driven by the same engine as NWN I'm hoping it will be similar.

According to one of the front page stories, near the time of the patch, this week and of course if nothing bad happens like it exploding PCs. ;)

I know it's coming out in a few days, Friday I think but I haven't heard anything about it other than they will release it with the patch. I was just curious if anyone else maybe heard if it would be similiar to the NWN set. I've been messing around with this baby and it's pretty powerful and better yet it's not that difficult to use, if you don't want to do any fancy haks.

Hopefully there won't be 1 case of exploding PCs. I think the devs are a bit better than the ones that did Pool of Radiance 2. Though not many PCs were harmed by that game, my intelligence was.:)

Last edited:
They haven't released a lot about it, skavenhorde. You might try asking this question on the official forums and see if you can get a dev to answer. I do remember Michał Kiciński mentioning it might be a bit challenging to use in this interview

...Many people ask us about our future projects. We are still too deeply involved in The Witcher. We are customizing the toolset so that it can be used by gamers and not only professionals. Of course, even after this procedure, creating your own adventures will be a difficult task, but I think that many people will accept this challenge, as the end result may be really impressive :)

Not many details of exactly how it works, though.

Thanks magerette, not much detail but definatly more than I knew before ;) The difficult task part tells me I'm going to have to figure out C++ to mod or make my own adventure. No biggie C++ gives me a headache but I'm starting to figure it out. I guess we all will find out in a few days what the toolset can do :D

After years of owning Neverwinter Nights, I'm finally giving the toolset a try and I'm finding out that it's not that hard to do. The variables, floats and int are a bit confusing but I'm getting the hang of it. Anyways, does anyone know anything about The Witcher toolset? Since the game is driven by the same engine as NWN I'm hoping it will be similar.

So did you find out "Something?" is it the same as Aurora" or as NWN2" with the meshing as milkshape or Screenie let us know how you are doing??

I think he means he's just trying the NWN toolset for the first time.

I'm not sure it'll be that relevant to the Witcher. NWN's toolset was really designed with the player in mind from the start - no other toolset since has come close to the ease of use of that one.

I expect TW toolset to be much closer to something like Morrowinds or NWN2. Tools that developers use tend to be quite bare and un-user friendly. If they continue to use NWScript then that's a good thing for those of us with experience, though I expect there will be a lot of things hard-coded in TW which might be frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom