A From software gem that you probably never heard of, Lost Kingdoms 2

Cloud Strife is a pretty boy!?!? What is a pretty boy supposed to be? Any guy that doesn't have a crew cut? Wait, that means I'M a pretty boy and the gals swoon over me! OK, your definition is acceptable. Carry on. ;)

I'll play male or female. In Saints Row 3 my character went back and forth between male and female. In Divinity: Original Sin I got to play a male and a female, and even get into fights with myself! That game's roleplaying was sweet.

I play both. I'll play one of the default males if the game has average or less graphics. If the game has good graphics, then I like to play a cute female unless marriage with the opposite sex is involved. I don't hit on guys even in games. It's just weird to me. However, I don't mind lesbian relationships at all ;)

Cloud Strife is a pretty boy!?!? What is a pretty boy supposed to be? Any guy that doesn't have a crew cut? Wait, that means I'M a pretty boy and the gals swoon over me! OK, your definition is acceptable. Carry on. ;)

I'll play male or female. In Saints Row 3 my character went back and forth between male and female. In Divinity: Original Sin I got to play a male and a female, and even get into fights with myself! That game's roleplaying was sweet.

Cloud Strife was certainly a pretty boy.

256px-Cloud_Strife.png

His hair was definitely designed to appeal to the Japanese females, Barret in FF7 is an example of a non pretty boy, i know someone who regularly goes to japan with a similar haircut to cloud strife(his hair is just his normal everyday style) to sleep with Japanese women, though no long term relationships because he is white:

225px-Ff7-barret.png

That second pic... Zika virus, right?

The newest one is Hand of Fate, it has very positive reviews. Another excellent one is Etherlords 1&2, while technically a strategy game is has cards and RPG elements, combat is like playing a magic the gathering battle pretty much.

I think I remember playing one of the Etherlords games when they came out. It was fun up until the part where I got stuck and frustrated. I wasn't the most patient 12 year old :biggrin:

Hand of fate looks interesting, I might check it out. It's 66% off on Steam too :)

since I said one of the female characters on Game of Thrones was hot or something like that.

Who, Brienne? She could crush you under her boot.

Seriously folks, chill out, don't really see why this even matters.
That reminds me, can you see who has who on ignore, would be pretty interesting.

I don't have much to add other than saying I roll with female characters in my party-based RPGs. I like a solid 2:1 ratio of chicks to dudes in my party. :)

Barret: crew cut. Cloud: not. I was right! And it's only the first day of the year!

Not his big hands, beard or small head at all. :)

I used to play male characters but once more games went to third person only and I had to look at the character all the time I switched to female. Female characters are now my default choice for no other reason than aesthetics.

Now let's not get into talking about big hands again!! ;)

Yeah, I don't bother emulating anything newer than PS1 or N64, and I was sad to see this is a GC game. I know it's off topic but can you recommend a PC card game, possibly mixed with RPG elements?

Sadly it's not out for PC for some very strange reason, but if you have a Idevice, I strongly recommend playing dream quest. The gameplay/metagame is amazing, although the graphics are awful.

I bet because it's all (overhyped/overrated) crap.

I bet because it's all (overhyped/overrated) crap.

I think it is a good thing that Joxer thinks like this. It would be devastating to think of all the great games you miss out on being a pc only gamer.

Your right, I've never heard of this game. Unfortunately I don't care for card games so it's nothing for me.

As for characters, I have no problem playing female and usually do. I can't however play a dwarf or animal character. So any dwarves or animals here please feel free to put me on ignore.:biggrin:

In most of my games, I sort of role play as an idealised version of myself hence I will always choose male character or female character. However I am willing to make exceptions, for example Horizon Zero Dawn!

Because my PC is crap, and to get anything from, let's say, PS2 running I have to set up the emulators just right. On the other hand, PS1 emulator I just start, choose my bios, setup controls and resolution, and I'm good to go.
Also, very few console games from that era interest me. I switched to PC at the start of PS2 era and mostly played RTS games at that time.

^ Those graphics are what I got a 4K setup for! :p

I added it to my wishlist. It actually looks/sounds cool to me. Graphically it resembles a basic mobile RPG.

PS2 emulation is dope, though. You can play in 4K with a bunch of graphical enhancements, etc. There are some great RPGs during that era as well. PS1/PSP/PS2 all have excellent RPGs, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom